3. Allure of the Seas
Booking a cruise during hurricane season, one would have to understand that there may be changes to itineraries. Our Itinerary was changed the day before sailing from Fort Lauderdale from Eastern Caribbean to the Western Caribbean due to the impending tropical storm in the Eastern Caribbean. On the fourth night of our seven day cruise, we were told that our cruise would be extended 3 days due to the Tropical Storm being upgraded to a Hurricane. Royal Caribbean was right on top of the situation. Never once, did we feel uninformed or in any way in danger. We were confident that they had our safety and comfort at the forefront. Staff was eager to help - questions were answered politely and completely, and assistance was offered so that guests could contact family and airlines to change travel arrangements. Our bed was very comfortable. Television stations were very limited. Luckily we had access to the weather channel, but no movies were available without a fee. Didn't miss it, as there was so much entertainment around the ship. More about that later. There are no outlets for our phone chargers near our bed, so charging our phone at the desk was a little inconvenient. My husband and I used the gym quite a bit. Plenty of equipment of all kinds available with no wait. Walking and jogging track was nice - chairs around the track overlooking the ocean gave us a nice rest. We ate in the dining room most nights, food was good, but not exceptional. Our waiter and his assistant were very, very attentive. I left a lot on my plate one evening and our waiter insisted that he bring me something else. I realize that this is normally done, but his attitude made me feel as though he really wanted me to be satisfied, and I was. The dining room service is exceptional. We have been on seven cruises, and we rate Royal Caribbean the best in this category. Buffet layout was awesome. No lines or crowds as there were stations with different foods. Again, service was exceptional in the buffet. Cheerful, warm staff were eager to help us find a table and bring us beverages without a long wait. The entertainment on this ship was absolutely wonderful. Mama Mia was presented, a show no one should miss! The talent among these singers and dancers is extraordinary. We had two comedy shows, one adult and one family oriented. We enjoyed each one immensely. Diving show was great. A word about the cruise director - he was professional, informative and entertaining without drawing attention to himself. Some of the cruise directors we have come in contact with in the past, seem to make it "all about themselves".. he was a gem. Royal Caribbean is lucky to have him! We could find music and dancing every evening to fit our tastes. Part of the exemplary entertainment aboard the Allure. A huge ship, never felt crowed, could find peace and quiet if we wanted. Pool area had plenty of lounge chairs, and a the "adults only" area was a nice change. No children running around or in the hot tubs there! We noticed, however, a great children's pool area. The atmosphere was one of pure enjoyment at every turn. A great ship, and an even greater cruise. My husband and I look forward to sailing on the Allure again. We highly recommend it!!

Great Cruise .. unforgettable experience!

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Nana2015

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

Nana2015’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D 7252
Our first impression was that the cabin was small, as we previously sailed with Princess and our cabin on that cruise was a bit larger. Balcony was roomy. We settled into it nicely, closet was large with plenty of hangers, something we didn't find on other cruises. Storage space was more than adequate.. .Water temperature in bathroom was good, nice hot water. Room steward was excellent, our cabin was clean and comfortable.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins