Regal Princess Cruise Review

Regal Princess Cruise Review by Cindyscott

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Princess Cruises with the Regal was outstanding. We are elite so we have a few cruises with Princess but this time the entire staff: dinning room waiter (Herbert), assistance waiter (Veljko), dinning room manager (Norbert), dinning room hostess(Yaniris), and room steward (Carlos) were exceptional with friendly attitude, willingness to provide service, interest in our activities on ship and in ports with recommendations of what to try.

Captain Stringer was amazing with his detailed explanation of our course across the Atlantic Ocean and changes due to the weather patterns. His daily updates could be quite humorous. I loved the description of a massive ship like the Regal sneaking out of port late at night. It reminded me of an elephant in a china shop trying to be delicate.

The itinerary was great the best ports were Copenhagen. I could have stayed longer. St. Petersburg was fantastic with the two day small group tour and our guide was the best with so much knowledge about the people and history. Again I could have stayed longer. What a fantastic voyage. Thank you Princess Cruises and the Regal Princess Staff.

Cindyscott's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BW E425

Great cabin with no obstruction as far as I was concerned. Great place for morning coffee and afternoon tea.

Copenhagen

We did our own tour with the public transit to The Round Tower and the Military museum.

Vasa Museum

Amazing ship

View All 128 Vasa Museum Reviews
Helsinki

Toured on our own. Public transit was good going out but difficult to return to the ship. We had an interesting day at Sumolinia Island.

Old Town of Tallinn

I would have liked more information on the Towers. I have a back ground in archeology, so maybe I was asking to much.

View All 189 Old Town of Tallinn Reviews
Greenock (Glasgow)

We took a free walking tour and bus ride to Newark Castle and Harbor Tour which was excellent.

Dublin

We have been to Dublin many times, so we toured on our own to Dublin Castle, and Starbuck's.

Cobh (Cork)

Again traveled here many times, so we did Cobh private walking tour at the gate and the Titanic Museum and a Murphy's beer. The tour guide was fantastic with so much information on the Rebellion.

Halifax

We walked on the Board walk it was beautiful. We went to The Atlantic Maritime Museum great place, then to the Citidel and ended up in the War Museum. It was so good we ran out of time. Headed back to the ship and stopped at Rudy's. Ruddy's has the best seafood chowder. Get the large bowl you with what it. Stopped at the Crystal Shop to watch them making the crystal. It was a great day.

Cindyscott