• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

KarenWickham
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Concierge Class 1

This was our fourth cruise, first time with Celebrity. I have to say out of all the cruises we've done, this was my favourite company. They went out of their way to be helpful. Each and every staff member greeted you, smiled and said good morning, good afternoon etc as you walked past, from the lowest paid cleaners to the top management. I really felt like I was a valued guest on the ship.

What I also liked was the amount of activities on board, particularly on sea days. There was always something to do, which we hadn't found with other companies. There were lectures, quizzes, behind the scenes tours, fitness activities, a library, and my particular favourite, a hideaway where you could grab a coffee and sit quietly with a book.

We only tried one of the speciality restaurants - QSine, which was an interesting experience. On the whole the food was very good and they worked hard to deal with my husband's food allergies.

Concierge Class 1

Cabin C1

Comfortable and clean. Bathroom contained a shower which was easy to get in and out of. Bed was plenty large enough.

Port Reviews

Southampton

Staff were very efficient at getting everyone on board with the minimum of fuss.

La Spezia (Cinque Terre)

Went on an organised tour to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa. We had plenty of time to explore the square and the surrounding shops an cafes. On the whole it was a good tour.

Barcelona

We'd been to Barcelona before so decided to just get off the ship and wander around on our own. We ended up walking La Ramblas to the very top and back down again, which was quite a long way to walk in the heat.

The disappointment for me was the shockingly bad shuttle service. We were charged 5 Euros each to be ferried just around the corner from the ship. It was a good 5 minute walk from there to the bottom of La Ramblas. I was under the impression that we would be dropped literally at the bottom of La Ramblas. An extra 5 minute walk may not seem much, but when you're not particularly mobile and it's very hot, it makes a lot of difference, particularly when you're foot sore and walking back to the bus. I felt a little taken advantage of given the distance travelled on the bus.

Find a Celebrity Silhouette Cruise from $658