3. Norwegian Star
Chose NCL Star because it started in Venice which is a city I have wanted to visit and sailed to a number of Greek islands I also wanted to see. It was 7 days which was just the right amount of time to be on a ship and there was a new port planned every day. And most of the sailing was in the evening so most of the say was planned for the islands. Embarkation was pretty easy except for getting from our hotel to the port as it is not easy for people with mobility issues. Our first port of call was Kotor Montenegro which should have been fun except it turned out it was a "tendering" stop and the tenders take 30+ minutes to go from the ship to the port. And it was raining slightly and somewhat windy so would be a long journey to port. It turned out there were 4 tender ports and long lines to get the tender and ride to shore. You lose 3 hours going and coming back from ports. And without notice we didn't even stop in Mykonos. Didn't find out until I asked a guest service person what time we were getting into port and they said we weren't going to Mykonos. No reason. Just not stopping. Very poor communication. This was also true while waiting for tenders which took a long time. No updates. The cabins are nice and the staff overall was very nice and helpful. The buffet was ok but I wouldn't say great. It had a decent amount of variety but nothing stood out. The specialty restaurants were better but of course they should be. They cost more. The main dining rooms were good with a decent variety but I now think I prefer the set seating times versus "freestyle" dining. They make freestyle dining sound like a perk but I actually like having the same wait staff for all 7 days because they get to know you and what you like/don't like. The main dining rooms have ok wait staff but not exceptional. Also the cruise over charges for internet usage which in this age is mandatory every day. I just don't like getting nickel and dimed every day.

Mediocre Mediterranean cruise

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by RAPIDTOOLS

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The cabins are nice and the staff overall was very nice and helpful.

I just don't like getting nickel and dimed every day.
RAPIDTOOLS’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 2908
We had a cabin for mobility issues which was nice. Easy to maneuver and everything worked. Nice balcony to sit on as well.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins