3. Viking Hlin
I had wanted to do a Viking River Cruise for many years. I would get those booklets in the mail all the time. My husband and I finally went last June. I chose June for the weather and the condition of the Rhine River in June is best. The boats don't look like much from the outside, but, inside they are beautifully well built. Our room was spacious enough with a balcony. It was very clean and the bathroom was very functional with heated floors and great shower. I liked the fact that the boat holds about 90 passengers. Makes it possible to get to know people. The meals are served in in a beautiful dining room, white tablecloths, floor to ceiling glass windows for viewing the river while dining. One of my favorite places on the ship was the coffee station. The Latte's were excellent and you could pour one any time day or nite. Tea was also available, but that expresso machine was like having "Starbucks" on board. So, for the Rhine River, I imagined the history of that river as we moved south against the current. We stopped at the best ports of call and Viking offers a tour at every port of call. You are able to take an optional tour, which we did a couple times, however, the included tours were very good. There's nothing like standing in the place where history that you've read about all your life, really took place. For intstance, standing where Audie Murphy held off a whole company of German Soldiers in Colmar France at age 19. I would take this cruise again in a second. But first, I have other places to see. If you decide to take this cruise, I know you will love it as we did.

My first Viking Cruise and Loved It.

Viking Hlin Cruise Review by robin1141

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom
robin1141’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Hlin price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 227
Fabulous, clean, spacious, loved the balcony. Beds very comfortable. Always at the right temperature.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins