3. Viking Rolf
We were able to add three days in Paris before we boarded. There were activities available to us through Viking for those days - very nice! The ship was elegant, uncluttered. The cabin looked small but lived large. There were spaces imaginatively carved out of seemingly no room. The food was very good: breakfast was standard buffet, dinner was delightful. Each wine was chosen for the menu and I was not accustomed to such excellent pairings. The service was prompt and cheerful. The included shore excursions had a lot of medieval half timber buildings, and at least one church (always named Notre Dame, which I didn't know was standard in France). The tour guides were particularly good in the churches. Other than Normandy and the beaches, the churches were our favorite part. My husband and I traveled by ourselves yet never lacked for good company among the other passengers. The one thing I would like to have more of is cruising during daylight hours. We loved sitting on our balcony in the crisp air watching castles, churches, and fall colors.

Tour of Normandy was the highlight

Viking Rolf Cruise Review by Rues

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom
Rues’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Rolf price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 207
Airy and light, with every space used for storage. Our steward kept it spotless. It measured small but lived large. We did not feel crowded at all.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins