3. Carnival Conquest
Due to a continuing health issue, we chose this cruise’s Eastern Caribbean schedule. I will preference this by telling you I’m a Platinum level. So how can they screw up the embarkation and disembarkation. Embarkation went smoothly. Disembarkation, so so, this time we decided to carry our luggage off the ship. We received our waiting area location, right next to the “fast to the fun” quests. When the time came to disembark, the cruise director came in said Platinum quests can go, all the Fast to the fun people headed for the door. The cruise director stated we are all platinum today. Don’t know how you feel but I earned me status. Once on the ship my wife and I took a tour to become familiar with the ship. Standard layout for Carnival’s older ships. We hung out until time for the muster drill. This is where it starts to go downhill. We get to our muster station, it’s 90-95 outside. We stand there for over 30 minutes waiting on the safety instructions. Finally they give the instructions, lasted less than a minute, and had to wait another 30 minutes to be released. Our luggage did not come until right before dinner, we selected the early dinning. So much for being priority. Headed down to dinner, table mates were great, we hit if off from the beginning. I was surprised at the lack of menu selections. Portions were small and the taste was less than savory. Service was great, waiter took very good care of us. Standard entertainment you would expect from Carnival. We went to the comedy club, comedians were great. Standard lido deck entertainment, nothing new there. Our ports were nothing special, San Juan, Grand Turk, St Thomas and Amber Cove. Took an excursion to St Johns, beach was OK, water was rough, due to the storms out in the Caribbean. On our way back to St THOMAS they break out the rum punch, as you can imagine some, many indulged way to much. To the point that I had drinks spilled on my hat, Hands stepped on and people falling all over me. Not a good trip back. Once back we headed to the ship. We noticed a longer normal line to board. Again we stood in the backing sun for over 30 minutes to board. The metal detector broke down and they had to wand everyone. You would have thought to open up the other gangway. The onboard ship experience was less than stellar, smokers know no boundaries, the smoking areas were well defined, however some felt they could walk the ship with lit cigarettes. Smoking on the balcony was common, yet I did not see a single Carnival crew member say a word. I understand what to expect on a Carnival cruise, drinking, parting, and general a wild crowd. However, I have never been on a cruise with so many cabin, balcony doors slamming shut at all hours of the night. People running up and down the hallway every night at 2am. My wife and I have decided we will not sail on a Carnival cruise again. We are going on a Celebrity cruise end of October.

Not up to Carnival standards, or is this their new standard.

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Captaingladhand

Captaingladhand’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A 7393
Cabin is the standard decor for Carnivals older ships. Clean but showing it’s age. Air was hard to control. Had to turn the thermostat down to the lowest level for the room to cool, then it got to cold. Balcony was dirty, stains on the partitions and rust on the pipes and walls. Overall I would rate as fair.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins