3. Scenic Diamond
We chose this cruise because we were going to explore the wine regions of Bordeaux and area. We were also interested in the culinary classes. We were also very interested in the bike tours. We began the trip in Paris. I highly recommend that you start the tour by spending a few extra days in Paris. There is so much to do and see and one day is far from enough time. We rode the train to Bordeaux. The transition went very smoothly because the Scenic team was very organized. We were welcome onto the ship by the friendly and courteous staff. I felt the room was a little smaller (not much) than a previous cruise I had taken, however I was not too concerned because we spent very little time in our room. The rooms (and ship) were always very clean. There was always a variety of entertainment in the evenings ranging from jazz, music trivia and disco nights. The port and shore excursions were excellent. We were able to a visit a variety of chateaus, try a variety of wines from different farms. The excursion to Remy Martin was very enjoyable. The bike tours through the vineyards were breathtaking. The one area I feel was a little disappointing was the culinary cuisine class. I thought it would be hands on participation and it wasn’t. However, I believe that the space limitation wouldn’t allow for that. It still was an enjoyable experience. Finally, I can’t express enough how friendly and courteous the staff were, often going above and beyond to make our stay pleasurable. I definitely feel that I would most likely enjoy a scenic tour in the near future but I would like to explore another area of the world.

Breathtaking Bordeaux

Scenic Diamond Cruise Review by Marianne12

Marianne12’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Diamond price drops

The cabins were very clean. There was more than enough closet space and the windows were large for a beautiful view if the riverside.