3. Ruby Princess
I truly chose this cruise for my parents, myself & sister because of the great deal. We were able to stay in a beautiful suite at a great discount. But we loved the huge balcony and appreciated the size of the suite and would have paid more for the wonderful week we experienced. Our only complaint was the lack of seating at the Horizons buffet (Dad is a buffet fan, but the crowd was a nightmare, so we only ate 2 lunches there) We appreciated the special attention received at the Da Vinci Dining room. The service was wonderful! We enjoyed two nights at the Crown Grill (our first night there was complimentary) Great steaks, as expected. We also enjoyed SHARE. And the Salty Dog Gastropub was a fun lunch (normally only open for dinner, but opened at noon the last day since we were in Victoria during dinner hours) I was told on the cruise that I would not have to sign for a bar bill under $50. I wish I did. The prices of wine seemed to vary from night to night. ???

Wonderful Family Respite

EyeKruise’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Premium Suite with Balcony
Cabin S5 A752
Wonderful, clean room with a Huge balcony! Enough storage for 4 people. (They brought in a roll-away bed for us, too) We spent a lot of time just relaxing, watching movies and reading in our suite and never felt crowded. The extra treats brought to us throughout the cruise were wonderful (a HUGE fruit bowl that lasted 5 days, chocolate-covered strawberries, assorted chocolates, a bottle of Prosecco, complimentary minibar, etc) We were pampered. My sister doesn’t like to cruise (“I don’t like to be herded”), but even she was pleased with the accommodations.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

My party of four was invited to the Crown Grill our first night at no charge through a perk of our suite. Even though we had a prepaid reservation for the Crown Grill a few nights later, we decided to take the offer. There was some confusion at the end about the bill, but when I explained that we had called when we boarded for the free offer it was remedied quickly. Both nights the food was delicious. We also enjoyed SHARE very much, and the service was fabulous. We decided to try The Old Salty Dog for lunch on Friday (it opened early since we docked in Victoria, B.C. so late) The lobster Mac & cheese was good & my family enjoyed their burgers. Only a $12 upcharge and worth it.