3. Coral Princess
We were excited to travel with a group of friends on our first Alakan cruise. The check in was awesome. On the night of our 2nd day my husband became ill....bronchitis like symptoms. The next morning he and I went to breakfast....many people were displaying signs of illness. My husband then went back to bed where he spent the next 2 days. The following day 3 more in our group were ill....same symptoms. These things should have happened that would have prevented a rapid spread of this flu... The buffet should NOT have been self serve. Masks given to anybody coughing! The fees to see a Dr. are high....and quarantine with very poor room service is prohibitive of people wanting medical attention. The food was cold, and overcooked at our evening dining sitting on 2 occasions. The entertainment was repetitive 3 shows were almost the same by the same comedians. The night before we disembarked ....my husband in quarantine got a call at 10:30 PM....saying he would have to be off the ship by 7 am the next morning after being cleared to do so.Why a call so late to a sick person asking him to leave so early the next morning? This is careless. He contacted the medical center and was cleared. Thankful we could join our friends to leave the sick ship. We have decided Ocean cruising is not for us. This trip of a lifetime very disappointing.

Sickness at sea

Coral Princess Cruise Review by krisfaith

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
We were excited to travel with a group of friends on our first Alakan cruise.

The check in was awesome.

The following day 3 more in our group were ill....same symptoms.

The buffet should NOT have been self serve.

Masks given to anybody coughing!

The food was cold, and overcooked at our evening dining sitting on 2 occasions.

We have decided Ocean cruising is not for us.

This trip of a lifetime very disappointing.
krisfaith’s Full Rating Summary