Viking Atla Cruise Review

Great experience, planning next river cruise!

Viking Atla Cruise Review by writenomo

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

Coordinating with another couple, this was the best timing and length of cruise. Very impressed with flight assistance from Viking and the overall level of communication and assistance before the trip. Transportation from airport felt somewhat disorganized, but did smooth out. Lovely atmosphere on ship, very comfortable veranda cabin, excellent dining and service. Unfortunately, I was injured the first day out (my fault, too vigorous dancing!), so was not able to fully participate in shore excursions. My husband was able to enjoy them in the company of our friends we were traveling with, so he brought back photos. I felt lucky that I was able to relax on the ship and enjoy the fine dining and beautiful scenery, even though I couldn't get out and about. If we had been traveling by ourselves, lugging luggage and moving from hotel to hotel, I wouldn't have been able to continue the trip. Excursions seemed well organized and educational. Entertainment on the ship was fine and not what I consider necessary for enjoying the cruise, but many people did enjoy it and it did bring everyone out into the lounge to socialize and participate according to their taste. A highlight was definitely the many nice people we met who were traveling from all parts of the U.S. and from some other countries as well. We are planning to take another river cruise in the next year or two, this time for longer, perhaps the 12 day Zurich to Paris, or one of the Scandinavian options. Or both!

writenomo's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 221

Compact but very comfortable, no wasted space, room enough for everything.

writenomo