3. Carnival Liberty
We chose this cruise to celebrate our anniversary. We like the short itinerary because we had never been on a cruise, and I am super prone to motion sickness. My wife was super excited as we arrived at Port Canaveral. We went through the embarkation process and got on the ship in about 10 or 15 minutes, which was outstanding. We paid for the faster to the fun package, so we should have been allowed immediate access to our room, but we were denied entry by multiple people and had to drag our garment bag and carry on around with is through the crowded lido deck and attempt to get food separated from each other to have one person watch the luggage. That's not exactly the perfect way to start the cruise. As I stated before, I am super prone to motion sickness, so I prepared with the ginger pill dramamine, which did really well for me, but the waves were horrible and rocked the ship until we heard nothing but complaining about it from every cruisegoer we met. I realize this isnt Carnival's fault, but I thought it rich when the captain said we will be having just a light chop for the last day, and it knocked stuff over in rooms. The food was sub par on the buffet, Golden Corral is better, and the lines are shorter. The service is good at the tables, but there are very few things that can be done to make it more palatable because almost everything is pre made. (Even the employees will admit this.) The Silver dining are was fun, but 75% of our meals were just ok. The prime rib on formal night was a giant, universal, fail. We really liked our waiter though, shout out to Cuckoo...as he said he should be called. The room was small, but it said 170 sq ft, so, what do you expect? Well, the shower was clogged, the AC was horrible, and the sink had no water pressure. The AC was fixed on the third night of the cruise, the shower was same day, and the sink never was. Out room attendant, Michael, was quick to accommodate us with a fan and calling maintenance. Nono was the cruise director, and she was awesome. I have nothing but good things to say about her. Nassau was a disappointment, Princess Cay was awesome. The people for the most part were great, and the other parts were not. We will be booking again, but we will try other cruise lines before returning to Carnival.

First cruise

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by wcurren

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Nassau was a disappointment, Princess Cay was awesome.

wcurren’s Full Rating Summary