3. Coral Princess
I wanted to get my National Parks Passport stamped at Denali NP and Glacier Bay NP. This land/cruise tour offered those opportunities. We were escorted from the time our plane landed in Fairbanks until we arrived at Vancouver Airport a week later. All excursions were extremely well organized and presented. We loved everything we experienced on shore. Aboard the ship, we found it difficult to get around the first few days. We seemed to spend a lot of time trying to figure out where we were and where we needed to be, so we spent most of our time in our cabin watching the tv. We attended something in the Princess Theater because we thought it would help us understand how to get the most out of what was offered. It was all bout jewelry and shopping. I wish they would consider an orientation seminar to familiarize novice cruisers with the ship and how to maximize the cruising experience. Don't assume everyone has prior cruise experience(s). Prior to our cruise, I had always heard how wonderful the dining experiences were. We thought the food was ok, but certainly not great. There were many food offerings from cuisines that we just weren't familiar with, so when those options were passed over, we weren't left with much. Buffet food was usually lukewarm and one evening, my dinner was lukewarm. It was just a small negative blip on our vacation, not important enough to ruin it. We didn't take advantage of any activities. Again, it took a while to figure it all out, and when we finally did, the things we were interested in happened when we were off the ship or at dinner. After dinner activities were passed by because we were too tired from our busy day to stay up and participate. For us, the cruise experience was ok, but the land experiences were incredibly awesome!! No regrets at all!

Incredible shore experiences

Happily Retired 15’s Full Rating Summary
Get Coral Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA
Our cabin was very clean and comfortable. We spent most of our onboard time there because it wasn't until the end of the cruise that we finally understood how to get around and take advantage of activities.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins