3. Carnival Vista
This was our first cruise and with dates we had for a vacation we knew it would be during hurricane season & we would be on the Vista. We chose to go out of Galveston. Didn’t get to explore much but what we did see was pretty. We flew into IAH. On a side note do NOT use shuttlefare.com, they left us stranded at the airport and we had to come up with a plan B. Vista is a big girl lol. Again our first cruise so I was excited and stunned when we got to the port lol. We were actually early for our embarkation and they told us to go on in anyway. We had a short wait then they started calling sections and we were on the ship before our scheduled port check in time on our pass. Carnival has some great customer service, everyone we came in contact with was nice. Our ship, from what I understand, sailed at full capacity because of other cruises that were cancelled out of Florida due to Dorian. We personally never felt like there was over 4 thousand people on the ship. A few times there was a small wait but nothing major. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about the Vista and I can tell you it’s really not bad. Yes the ship is cut up a bit. We actually had fun finding areas around the ship. Eventually I’ll get to be on another ship to compare it to lol. We had a cove balcony and loved it! We had coffee delivered in the am and would sit on the balcony and watch the ocean. Entertainment: the “play list shows” were not impressive to me. They are good, don’t get me wrong. They do a lot of over singing notes and the sound system is way to loud for that size of a venue. I plugged my ears a lot and then we politely left. We tried it a couple times. The comedy shows were funny no matter if you went to the family time or the adult time. We volunteered for the magic show and were blown away by the magician. My husband loved all the trivia they have on board. Really there is so much to do you can stay busy all day or do nothing a relax. Ports: our first port was Montego Bay. We didn’t do an excursion there, just got off the boat and looked at the couple little touristy shops in port. If you want to see Jamaica you have to do an excursion, there is nothing close to the port. Our second port was the Grand Caymans, we did the sensational stingray swim. We loved it. Our captain was BeBe (not sure of spelling) very nice crew and they made sure everyone had time with the stingrays and were great about helping if you needed extra help. Pictures were very nice and only 40 dollars and they air dropped them right to my phone. I would recommend them. Our last port was Cozumel and we did the VIP dolphin swim. Our guide was Louis and he was wonderful and answered all questions and very attentive. I can’t remember the trainers name but he was great. We swam with Maria. Amazing dolphin and experience. It was on my bucket list and I was like a kid in a candy store. I loved every minute. The pictures were way to crazy expensive, close to 200. We actually only liked 2 pictures but they wanted almost 80 bucks for just 2. They wouldn’t negotiate a price so we chose to not buy any. The other staff were to busy talking to themselves and drinking. We ended up going back to the ship early. I wouldn’t do it again but if you do want to swim with dolphins and learn about them this was great just be aware of picture prices and other staff. We really had an amazing first cruise, we did your time dining and with the hubb app it was easy to check in and then go to the dinning room. All the food was good. We didn’t eat in any of the specialty restaurants so I don’t know about those. Guys burgers were wonderful. If I had a negative about the ship, it would be the market place buffet area. It gets very warm in spots but if you walk around a little you can usually find a cooler area in there to sit. The cruise director, Kendal Fire was good. She kept everyone entertained. We are now addicted to cruising and have already booked another cruse, with the time we have we actually end up being on the Vista again lol Disembarking wasn’t to bad. Would go even smoother if people would follow instructions lol but it did go reasonably quickly.

Amazing first cruise

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Keraley

The cruise director, Kendal Fire was good. She kept everyone entertained.

Keraley’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Cove Balcony
Cabin 7C 2354
Our Cove Balcony was wonderful. When we got to the room I did use “Sono disinfecting wipes” you can get them off amazon. My husband and I wiped everything down. We never got sick. Our Steward was Noel and him and his staff did a great job of cleaning. We chose to have our room only cleaned once a day. We aren’t dirty people and they have enough to do lol. We also didn’t need ice stocked in our room, there was a fridge. Honestly the most exciting part was coming back to the room and finding the towel animals lol
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins