3. Carnival Sunshine
My wife's birthday was on the 12 of September. Bermuda was her first choice and Charleston was an easy commute from our home in NC. It was to be my birthday present to her. Once on board we were met by the "happiest and friendliest" crew compared to all our previous 13 plus cruises. While the Sunshine did show some "bumps and bruises" showing her age; the crew definitely made up for it. We all thought their most positive attitude stemmed from the top: Captain Lorenzo. To quote a familiar military phrase, " he leads from the front." His pleasing personality was always on display. Most significantly to this writer was the effort he and "Freddie," the head of Guest Services went to on my wife special day : having her picture taken with the Captain, Champagne at the dining table, special birthday cake, singing Happy Birthday by the Matte D's and personal appearance by the Captain and Freddie to wish her a Happy Birthday. My wife's reaction is hard to put into words but she did say at the time, "this will be remembered as the most special birthday and one I will remember the rest of my life." I think besides my wife's misty reaction - all in attendence also got a little moist around the eyes. The rest of the cruise was a very happy experience with the ever present greeting from every crew person, "Good morning or Day" with those broad smiles. To sum up this review, "we just finished a cruise with the happiest crew in the Carnival fleet."

The best crew experience

NISRANAP83’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C 8129
Jerry the attendant was a 10. The room was well maintained. My wife loved the towel animals.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins