• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

NMTraveller
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Deluxe Inside Stateroom

The ship is nice and new. I do like the new ship design but I do not think that it is worth the extra dollars to take the Edge. The staff is nice.

Our ports were rerouted due to weather. The rerouting of the ports caused chaos for the shore excursions staff. We had 3 Discovery Collection/Exclusive shore excursions, but were only able to take the one in Athens (which was very nice). The others were cancelled due to port rerrouting. For us the excursions are the highlight of the cruise. This is our 10th cruise overall and our 4th on Celebrity. The Santorini excursions were a hot chocolate mess in a flaming dumpster. Due to us being one of the last cruise ships in port many excursions were cancelled and others were very very negative experiences. I recommended the firing of our tour guide and the bus driver. Celebrity tried to make it up to us so I give them 2 stars instead of one. Celebrity also tried to save the excursions for its suite guests in Santorini. In Santorini shore excursions issued free cable car tickets to the many people who had their excursions cancelled. As a result the cable car lines were two hours long and as a result people were walking through the donkey poop.

The shows were average in talent level and content, although the layout of the theater was better than the other Celebrity ships.

Deluxe Inside Stateroom

The cabin was very nice and new. I would say that it was similiar to other cabins that we have been in on Celebrity. The difference was that it was newer and shinier.

Port Reviews

Rome (Civitavecchia)

This excursion was average. In my opinion it was too short of a time period and felt rushed.

Malta (Valletta)

Malta is a very nice island. The tours were very good.

Santorini

Santorini excursions were a mess due to last minute rerouting of the cruise ship and our cruise ship being the last to arrive in port. Our cruise ship got the bad leftovers and the time was very short. This excursion left a bad taste in my mouth about Celebrity.

Athens (Piraeus)

This was a Discovery Collection or Exclusive tour and was very nice. We had an excellent lunch at the top of the museum. I would highly recommend. This was the highlight of our cruise.

Naples

We did the Mount Vesuvius tour, Sorrento, and Capri tour which is a very long tour. The times at each place were short, though we saw a bunch in a day.

Naples

Mount Vesuvius is very nice. We had a reasonable amount of time here.

Naples

Sorrento is a beautiful town. I wish that we had more time here.

Catania

It was rainy during our port day. However the scenery and shopping were very nice.

Rhodes

This was a very average tour. The bus driver tried to find the soap factory but did not find it. He kept on backing up to try to find it.

Mykonos

This tour was very average. It was hard to keep up with the tour guide and large group The city is very crowded.

Mykonos

This was a very nice tour. It was not overly populated or crowded.

13 Helpful Votes