3. Celebrity Edge
The ship is nice and new. I do like the new ship design but I do not think that it is worth the extra dollars to take the Edge. The staff is nice. Our ports were rerouted due to weather. The rerouting of the ports caused chaos for the shore excursions staff. We had 3 Discovery Collection/Exclusive shore excursions, but were only able to take the one in Athens (which was very nice). The others were cancelled due to port rerrouting. For us the excursions are the highlight of the cruise. This is our 10th cruise overall and our 4th on Celebrity. The Santorini excursions were a hot chocolate mess in a flaming dumpster. Due to us being one of the last cruise ships in port many excursions were cancelled and others were very very negative experiences. I recommended the firing of our tour guide and the bus driver. Celebrity tried to make it up to us so I give them 2 stars instead of one. Celebrity also tried to save the excursions for its suite guests in Santorini. In Santorini shore excursions issued free cable car tickets to the many people who had their excursions cancelled. As a result the cable car lines were two hours long and as a result people were walking through the donkey poop. The shows were average in talent level and content, although the layout of the theater was better than the other Celebrity ships. We spent several hours on the magic carpet for a glass of wine. It is very windy out there while the ship is moving. It is convenient for tenders. The Fine Cut and Eden restaurants were very good. The Fine Cut restaurant was difficult to book on sea days. Eden had a menu that was good for our unique dietary requirements. La Petit had a nice projection show, but I preferred the menu choices of previous ships of steak or lobster. The menu choices in La Petit were not as good. The spa was also very nice but crowded on sea days. The embarkation process is very smooth. In fact embark/debark were the smoothest that I have seen to date. The silent disco was very good. I wish that the other cruise lines would adopt the concept. The photographers were very average. On some other lines the photographers take longer to get the perfect picture. Celebrity cruises used to be my favorite line, however the shore excursion debacle on this cruise has knocked their ratings down a notch or two in my eyes.

Rerouted ports and Santorini Excursion fail

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by NMTraveller

The spa was also very nice but crowded on sea days.

NMTraveller’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

Deluxe Inside Stateroom
The cabin was very nice and new. I would say that it was similiar to other cabins that we have been in on Celebrity. The difference was that it was newer and shinier.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins