Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review
1,118 Reviews

Last minute cruise with no kids

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by cruiseguyohio

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Porthole

This was a last minute booking. I booked on Sep 12th around noon and got in the car to drive South. We like sailing at of Jacksonville as it is not to hateful of a drive from Ohio. We were just looking for a quick get away and Carnival Ecstasy did not disappoint.

Since we booked so late, our check in time was 1:30PM however, we showed up early on the of chance they were ahead of schedule. We were on the ship around 12:30. Fifteen minutes from the time we parked till we got up on the Lido deck.

The ship is showing her age but she is slated for dry dock on October which I expect consist of a good paint job and new décor. We will find out as we are booked on the Ecstasy in November.

We had a port hole cabin on the main deck. The room was extra deep based on its location. The room was very clean.

For the most part, we ate only on the Lido deck, Bonsai Sushi express or room service. We looked at the dining room menus through the cruise and everything sounded good. I only packed shorts, so we did not go in for dinner. I know that you can but cruise casual to me is at least a golf shirt and pants. Its not difficult and I will they would at the very least enforce the current code even though its to lax.

The cruise director Cam and the Fun Squad were very good. Everything we saw, we enjoyed. DJ Spike was one of the better ones that we have seen in a while. The dancers were really good and you could see their practice paid off.

This was our first time to Princess Cay. I still prefer Half Moon. While the beach is very pretty, they cram a lot of beach chairs in the various coves so it is hard to get away if you are looking to truly relax. We would definitely go again though.

We didn't spend much time in Nassau. I was not feeling great so we just walked around for a few hours

cruiseguyohio's Full Rating Summary

Porthole
Cabin PT M5

Overall, the cabin was very large with lots of storage in the main area. There was only one shelf in the bathroom which was fine since there were only two of us.

The bed was comfortable and the room was cool.

cruiseguyohio