3. Crown Princess
We wanted the UK cruise that also included Guernsey and Le Havre. The ports were mainly worthwhile, though stopping on a Sunday or Monday in September caused some unavailability of sights. (Dublin and Le Havre) Check your wish list and look at detail. We really liked our excursion from the Invergordon Port. We traveled by bus to Nairn to see the Cawdor (Macbeth fame) Castle. It is still inhabited but can be toured. We drove around the Highlands, had lunch, snd saw another castle, this one in ruins. Our guide was knowledgeable and charming snd had a Garlic rhythm and musical quality to her voice. Our ship had some issues. Only one side of the Buffet area was always open. This caused too much crowding with a ship carrying over 3000 passengers. People had to load up plates, then wander from table area to table area extending many feet away from the serving stations to find a place to sit and dine. We sometimes needed to go out on deck to find space. There were no trays provided, so you may end up going back a few times for missing items. It was most inconvenient and took too much time. It was a source of frustration and later was unhealthy, as well. People were coming and going past each other, some coughing and always breathing. My husband took ill the last say and a half. After disembarking on September 10, I learned from My CC Forum of at least 10 other passengers who got sick. There were many crew who became ill, as well. There was very little assistance as we disembarked and we had questions that went unanswered. My husband got a late bill slid under our door just 20 minutes before we were to disembark. It contained an erroneous charge. To appeal it, he went and stood in line at the Pursers desk. The clerk made him wait while he answered the phone. What happened to the customer who is in front of you??? The situation was not resolved satisfactorily. However, we were by then tardy for our bus back to Heathrow, so when we got home my husband took it up again with Visa who will address it for us. We enjoyed most of the shows, some with locals who got on in Ireland and Scotland to bring in local and traditional fare. The theater is quite small, so getting seats was sometimes difficult. The shipboard activities offered did not interest us. The food quality and selections were generally disappointing. Tucked within our menus in the main dining room was a small notice to dine in the Crown Grill instead (for a surcharge.)Steak was never a choice in the main dining room. I also missed lobster and baked Alaska. There were some nice other desserts offered, especially chocolate indulgences. Overall, it was ok, but not worth the cost to us, Princess Platinum members. Compared to our Regal Princess cruises, this one disappointed ☹️.

We liked the trip, but not Crown Princess.

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Lady lilac

The shipboard activities offered did not interest us.

Lady lilac’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD D633
Crown Princess is a bit worn now. The public areas are quite nice and have been refreshed, according to my sources. Our cabin needed updating and a more thorough cleaning. Some of the wallpaper was peeling and the nightstand drawers stuck. There was an old sofa bed in our room. It was most uncomfortable and a bit nasty. The bathroom kind of reminded me of La Quinta, not a mini/ suite.

I don’t recommend port side. Mid or forward is preferable for this itinerary.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins