• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Keith63
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony

Had such a good experience with NCL on our Hawaii cruise we thought we would book for New England with them. Called NCL and booked through their agent. We had two issues with NCL booking:

1. Booked an extra day for sight seeing for the plane tickets. When we got the tickets the flight back was out of Montreal, not Quebec where the cruise ends. I called customer service and was told "they don't change flights". All I wanted was to know how I was supposed to get to Montreal. "Your problem" is a direct quote. I attempted to escalate the issue and was told by NCL that I had to talk to Alexander who booked the cruise. I said..."he works for NCL".. they said it didn't matter. Called him, he told me thats the way they do it. I demanded he find out how I am supposed to get to Montreal. He said he would call back...never did....and wouldn't return my future calls. We eventually found out there is a bus 1/4 mile from the dock we took to Montreal. So disappointed that NCL couldn't take the time to help us once we paid them.

2. The recommended room 11600 which we booked was right below the kitchen for the garden cafe......they clean that place every night until midnight and start every morning around four. I know, I heard them every day.

Mid-Ship Balcony

Cabin BA

DO NOT GET 11600!!!! Constant noise from the cafe kitchen which is right above the room.

Port Reviews

Boston

Little time in Boston due to Hurricane delay for flight.

Portland (Maine)

Had a really good time on the excursion. Director was excellent and did a great job. Dined in town and shopped and walked the neighborhood.

Halifax

Port cancelled due to storm.

Sydney (Nova Scotia)

Great tour with good driver and tour guide. Beautiful scenery.

Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island)

We decided to rent electric bikes here at a place half a mile up the street called Outer Limit Sports. They set us up with the bikes and directed us to the island long bike trail. we spent the day riding through some beautiful areas. Not really enough time to explore like we would have liked, but really enjoyed the bikes!

1 Helpful Vote