3. Norwegian Pearl
We had been on the Getaway Baltic Cruise and loved it. The Ship is run very well. The food was great, getting on and off the ship was easy. The Pearl is like a whole different line.It's like the dollar store of cruise ships. The bartenders and servers are great. The food is not. The first day and last day is pretty good. Every other day is hit or miss. Mostly miss. I have been on many cruise lines and ships and this is by far the worst experience. You have to taken tenders to shore in a lot of the cities. They don't open the windows so it's 100 degrees on the tenders. By the end of the cruise half the ship was sick and I think it's because of the tenders. A lot of people were coughing and in the closed space everyone was breathing it. Why they didn't open the windows is the real question. You have to take buses and trains into most cities. So the price you pay for the cruise is not what you end up paying. The Pearl is a terrible ship. The pool chairs are so close to gather you have to turn side ways to walk thru. If your on the back row the waiters and waitress's are afraid of falling so it's hard to get a drink. A lady fell so hard her foot got hung. It took15 to 20 minutes before the medical person came. She was in bad shape. I'm sure she had to leave the ship. I saw all the bad reviews about the pearl but since we had been on the Getaway by Norwegian we thought it was ok. Worst mistake. I could go on for days on all the mistakes and short cuts.

Not all Norwegian Cruises are the same