• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin:
Traveled with children
Towel animal the last night
Bedoom
Atrium ceiling
Liquid Lounge right
Liquid Lounge center

Introduction:

This cruise was booked 16 months prior to sailing. While it is not our first cruise, it is the first with my daughter and her husband who had no previous cruise experience. I sprang the invitation to my daughter just 6 months before the cruise. To say they were excited is an understatement.

We traveled to NYC by train the day before sailing, my wife and I from Boston and my daughter and son-n-law from Philadelphia.

Cabin Captain's Suite

I originally booked Grand Suites but about a month before the cruise when we were “visiting” the ship on-line my wife saw the Captain’s Suite. As the saying goes “Happy Wife, Happy Life” so I checked and miraculously there was one of the two Captain’s Suites available. My daughter and her husband were pleased with the Grand Suite but I can not give any details given I did not ever see the suite.

As for the Captain’s Suite, it is a bit more than two people need, separate bathrooms…? really now! Lots of storage space, large televisions in the sitting room and bedroom, lots of electric outlets and USB outlets, huge balcony with a table and four chairs and two lounge chairs and a spectacular view out the front of the ship. The room is directly above the ship’s bridge so the view is as good as the Captain’s.

My wife did find the bathtub while jetted was smaller than previous suites.

8 Helpful Votes