This was my wife's and my brother/sister in law " Cruise of a Lifetime ". Started off fine. Staterooms clean and the cabin staff very nice. Now for the fun parts: - LIDO so full, one could barely walk through. Food Service staff rude, close to being downright nasty. Same goes for bar staff on deck 9 stern. Terrible. - Food - Marginal at best. Dining room dinner maybe 1/2 star better. - Magician - I think he had three tricks. lasted 40 minutes. Pretty much a joke. Casino - Small and , well, never saw a roulette table with a 0, 00, and a Special third 000. - They should just eliminate it, but with odds further stacked I'm sure a good source of revenue. - Juneau - Port area typical tourist trap,,,,nothing special there. Did go to Mendenhall and that was fine. Walked to Nugget falls, pretty neat. Then went out whale watching. Saw some humpbacks, uuh, well at least their tails. Saw more wales from the back deck just while cruising. - Glacier Bay - Awesome. 100% beautiful day ( 8/27/19 ) Couldn't have asked for anything more perfect weather wise. Surely a sight to behold even if the servers were jerks. -Sitka - Ditto on the weather ( We got lucky! 8/28/19) Cool place. Saw the salmon going up river which was really cool, rainforest walk, etc. Really neat. Then...…….. we were to depart at 6:00pm. Ship was moving nowhere. Mechanical problem. Not corrected until approx. 10:00pm. As a result, the captain indicated he was changing the intinerery!!!! We were scheduled to go to Ketchican the next day arriving at 7:00 am. We had booked the " Deadliest Catch " excursion and were so excited...……. We lost out on the visit to Ketchican and ALL related scenery. Now, I don't know all international travel laws, speed limits, port rules, etc,,,, but lets do the math.... We were delayed (4) hours +/-, and as a result we aborted a (5) hour stop in Ketchican, all kinds of scenic viewing in and out of that port. Instead the captain put the ship back out to the Pacific in high gear and we spent 1.5 days out at sea, looking at nothing but the shoreline from 10 miles out, and/or open sea. Why you ask, so we could get to Victoria Canada early and spend more time there, which frankly I didn't drop $7k on an Alaskan cruise to see Victoria. Now, Holland American realized that all on the cruise were "disappointed" and so was the captain. They wrote everyone a letter and gave us a coupon for 20% our next cruise. Are you kidding me?!?!?!?. I will never, repeat never, cruise with this train wreck of an organization again. Don't be fooled. I have cruised with RC, NCL, Carnival and HA is not even close. Forget about the breakdown and change, things happen, but the demeanor of staff, lack of good food, poor entertainment, and a slap in the face apology for a breakdown ruined the trip. Buyer Beware. Go to Alaska, be prepared for some rain, but do it with another cruise line.

Holland America Ripped Us OFF! - Alaska Cruise -

Eurodam Cruise Review by fishkane

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

- Food - Marginal at best. Dining room dinner maybe 1/2 star better.

fishkane’s Full Rating Summary