3. Viking Sigyn
Our 2nd Viking river cruise did not disappoint. The ship, on its second voyage, was shiny clean. we did have a few minor 'break in' issues. The safe wasn't working and TV seemed to have a mind of it's own. Both resolved after a day or so. Dining was excellent. Food selection and quality was top notch. As with our Rhine cruise, we found the wine selection to be good quality, and menu prices for all drinks to be fair and reasonable. We did not buy the beverage package, and wonder why anyone would. Our excursion guides were all entertaining and educational. Hearing some of their personal stories about life behind the now fallen iron curtain really helps ones appreciation of life as a US citizen. The only service issue we took exception to were the wine tasting activity. Really minor - the staff member pouring the wine really didn't know what a wine tasting is. we also had a service issue regarding our cabin as noted later in this review. With the exception of our cabin experience, this was a 5 star experience. Why 2 stars? Our cabin experience was worse than awful. Let me be more specific. The cabin was great, except for noise. I'd give it a minus 5 stars because of the noise, if possible. I can tell you the most wonderful experience soon becomes a nightmare when you can't sleep for days on end. We experienced and complained about how incredibly noisy the cabin was at night, on 3 different occasions. Impossible to sleep noisy. Sadly, and maybe in a demonstration of indifference or worse, after our cruise we learned that none of our noise complaints were logged. So when they told us engineers would and had checked our cabin, I'm left wondering if they really did. It's as if they knew there was a problem but didn't want any record of it. Apparently all they gave us was lip service. All night, every night we heard LOUD banging, scraping, swooshing and vacuuming sounds. Nearly ceaseless. My wife was able to get some sleep with ear plugs. Because of my tinnitus, earplugs are not a good option for me. Since we didn't spend a lot of time in the cabin during the day, it's hard for me to say if this was going on all the time, or just during the night. Twice I opened the cabin door in the middle of the night expecting to see ship staff running vacuums, carpet cleaners, a parade of noisy carts, or some other noisy equipment only to find a very quiet and empty corridor. MUCH quieter than our cabin- maybe I should have curled up in the corridor to sleep! Our neighbors told us their cabins were very quiet. Our last cruise was also very quiet, in cabin 112. So why was this one SO dang NOISY and why did ship staff not log the complaint? And why did ship staff lie to us when telling us engineers would check. I should note here that it made no difference if sailing or docked. Nights were TERRIBLE!!!! Viking did offer us vouchers against a future cruise, but didn't offer to try to explain anything, or offer any explanation for the lack of logging or answers. I don't see us cruising with them again as Viking integrity appears to be a problem at some or maybe multiple levels. A real shame.

Avoid cabin 110, if you like to sleep

Viking Sigyn Cruise Review by COMarkNDarcy

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, COMarkNDarcy, and for returning to Viking for a second time. We’re pleased to learn the small snags encountered at the beginning of your trip were resolved quickly, and that the quality and variety of food and wine served on board was enjoyable –everything you had come to expect following your first cruise with us. It is disappointing to learn about the level of noise and discomfort experienced in your cabin, prompting your overall dissatisfaction. We’ve noted this feedback, and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Should you wish to continue the conversation, we welcome you to reach out to us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. Thank you again for sharing your review, and have a lovely day.
COMarkNDarcy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sigyn price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin F 110
Horrible, awful night time noise. Impossible to sleep noise.
Main Deck Outside Cabins