• Newsletter

First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2010
Cabin:

This was our first cruise with Celebrity and I must say overall we were quite pleased with the experience. Our last cruise was on a 2100 passenger vessel with another line and we were a little disappointed. We put it down to the cut backs to meet price points plus the ship size. So originally we were looking for a smaller ship of around 1200 to 1400 passenger range. Then I found the April 16 cruise on the Millennium through the Panama Canal at what I felt was a great deal. I had always heard nice things about Celebrity so felt even though the ship is relatively large the itinerary and the price were worth the risk.

The ship never really felt crowded. The use of dark woods in the public areas generated an interment feel. The ubiquitous art show is a matter of taste. I did not see any items I would like to look at daily. The gym was well laid out and if you avoided the times of the spin classes it was comfortable. I do not know why they have to play noise at obnoxious levels to pedal, but they are all the same no matter where you go. We used the stairs most of the time and found it easy to move up down and around the ship.

The volcano causing flight cancellations in Europe worked to our advantage as our dining room steward also had a few empty seats at his tables. This meant we had much better attention than our last cruise and gave us the experience we used to have. If his section had been full I might not have noticed the same attention level. Both our steward, Chayadi, and assistant steward, Ariyawana, were from Bali in Indonesia. It may be a bias on my part, but I feel in general that Indonesians and Philippinos not only give great service, but they are more open and friendly than some other nationalities. Being able to joke with the dining staff and have them tease us in return made for a more enjoyable dining experience. Of course that is just an opinion and others may prefer a more formal relationship with the serving staff.

Cabin CC

The Cabin was a standard CC configuration, but being on the Sky deck the support beams impeded some views. The window washing equipment was about 3 cabins away.

previous reviewnext review