3. AmaPrima
We chose this cruise because AMA made us an offer we could not refuse after they had to change an itinerary due to bridge construction. With discounts and credits available, we chose this trip despite it's stopping in two ports we had earlier visited. We had been on AmaPrima during its inaugural season and I found myself looking for signs of wear and tear after I noticed how pristine the ship looked. Other than some chairs which looked a bit tired, the ship was immaculate. The cabin was so clean and well maintained that we could have been the first cruisers to occupy it. Because it was a river cruise, the cabin was not large, but we had no problem with storage or getting around. The crew was as professional and courteous as we had come to expect from AMA and Rolf, the cruise director, was professional, helpful and consistently good humored. The shore excursions were well organized and informative. Also, the excursions were not over scheduled, leaving us some good downtime and making daylight cruising along the beautiful Moselle river a regular part to the cruise. The food was up to the usual AMA high standards except for the chef's special slow cooked lamb; that was the best meal I have ever had on a river cruise ship and among the best I have ever had on any ship.

Relaxing, informative and beautiful.

AmaPrima Cruise Review by 801Jeff

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French balcony and outside balcony

AmaWaterways, Manager, Customer Engagement has responded
Dear 801Jeff, We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. We are so thrilled you were impressed with our maintenance of AmaPrima, shore excursions, our crew and Chef's Table Restaurant. We will be sure to share your review with Rolf and the rest of the AmaPrima crew; it is sure to make them smile. We wish you a wonderful rest of your day, and we hope you'll come back and join us on board soon! From all of us at AmaWaterways
801Jeff’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaPrima price drops

Stateroom with French balcony and outside balcony
Cabin AA+ 305
The cabin is relatively small but there is ample storage, plenty of electrical outlets, and is bright and airy. Because of the small size, there is no desk chair and one would have to be pulled over to work at the computer or monitor. The film offerings were good and the news channels were generally available.
Violin Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins