3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
We chose this cruise as the "cruise to get to the cruise" - as we sailed on another line on May 15. The fare was not too bad when you calculate in the savings from the 1st class airfare. We were in the Queens Grill - a must. This was the largest ship that my wife and I had ever been on with over 2500 people. It was great to have a large room to escape to as well as your own bar. Service was excellent (mostly) in the Queens restaurant and bar. The Queens lounge had a bartender that must have been an institution as everyone loved him. I would guess that the matriDee (I can't spell that) must have made a fortune in tips, but he did an excellent job. The butler was all but worthless compared to butlers from other cruise lines. He did very little and was hardly ever seen. My wife said he brought not much to the party. Personally, I enjoyed the larger ship as there was lots to explore. My wife didn't care for it. Bottom line - we are luxury cruise fans. This was a good way to get to England without an overnight flight. It was transportation, not a cruise to us. Good value, not great and we may do it again.

Great transportation

PM1225’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Queens Suite
Cabin Q6 9056
Good layout, plenty of space. Unfortunately the ship is old and it had only a single sink where there was room for two. Overall, the ship and room were somewhat showing their 15 year age.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins