3. Norwegian Dawn
On Thursday September 12 I had a rather testy conversation with a man who was working the customer service desk on that morning. I began the conversation by starting to explain that we had received a voicemail saying that my wife had left her purse in a public area and that it had been turned in to lost and found. What I actually got out of my mouth before being interrupted was “we received a voicemail saying” at which point he interrupted me and asked my room number. I stopped talking and gave him my room number but then began again explaining why I was there. He again interrupted and started talking over me. I told him I was trying to explain what I wanted but that he kept talking over me. I started utalking again trying to explain what I wanted and he again started talking over me. At this point he would say I was rude to him. I will call it not being very happy with him. I became very frustrated with him and told him that I wanted to talk to someone else. He waved his hand toward several other people at the counter and I moved over to that area and began to explain what I was wanting to another male worker but he moved over and tried to interject his opinion of what was going on. I then told this new person that he wouldn’t let me talk but kept interrupting me. The new person then said that was fine and how could he help me. I then explained (without being interrupted) why I was there. I gave him my name and room number and he was familiar with my wife’s purse so he went back to get it. When he came back with her purse I had my room card and ID out for him and in a matter of just a few minutes I was done. The rude worker was watching everything that went on and was laughing with another female employee as I was getting ready to leave. I asked him if he thought this was funny and he said no that he thought it was sad. I said that I thought it was sad also. I decided that I wanted to get this persons name so when I was sent an evaluation of my cruise experience I would know who he was. I did not see him behind the service desk again until the evening of Saturday September 14. All I really wanted was his name so I walked up toward him and tried to take a picture of his name tag. He tried to cover up his name tag and then tried to engage my wife in a conversation about how rude I was to him. He said I was not allowed to take pictures of him and said he was calling security. I said go ahead that I would talk to security. During that time my wife and I were able to read his name tag and I made a note of it. So, I waited. A woman who said that she was his supervisor came out to talk to me and I explained all that had happened. She said that for security reasons I wasn’t allowed to take pictures of him. I told her all I wanted was his name and that I now had it so I would delete the pictures of him. With her watching I deleted both pictures I had taken. She said that she would talk to him. By the way, a security representative did show up while I was talking to her but I never interacted with him. For the life of me I don’t know why he over reacted like that. As I explained to his supervisor I am the one on vacation here and the one who has spent a lot of money to be on this ship. All of the employees of this ship should feel like they work for me and most do. I am not sure what his agenda in working on that ship is but on that morning it was certainly not to listen to me or try to help me with a problem. It seemed to be to interrupt me and talk over me. While still on the ship I went to the NCL website and filled out a comment on my experience and made a note of the confirmation number and after not hearing from them I filled out another comment form a couple of days later (all while still on the ship). Two days before disembarkation I received a call from the manager over the service desk (a different lady) wanting to talk to me. I went down to talk to her in person. She was very nice and mentioned the NCL form that I had filled out on the NCL site. So at least I had got their attention. She was very apologetic and kept apologizing for his actions. She mentioned that they would use it as a training tool. The cruise itself including the itinerary was not bad and we enjoyed the ports. I will say that we have never been on a cruise that tendered so many ports. Out of the 8 ports we visited 5 of them were tendered and one of the dock ports was at a commercial dock so they had to bus us over to the passenger dock. So 6 of 8 were non-standard docks. Also, the food in the food court was subpar. We spent most of our breakfast and lunch meals in O’Sheehans. And unlike most Princess cruises we never had a dinner choice of shrimp, scallop or lobster dishes. The only fish meals we were offered were a variety of filleted fish. My wife and I frequently take cruises and they are almost always enjoyable. We have 14 on Princess, 4 on Disney, 7 or 8 on Carnival, 2 on Oceania and 3 on Viking. I believe this is either our 4th or 5th on NCL. I will tell you that this man and his actions will certainly make this cruise memorable but not in a positive way. But I walked away satisfied that someone had finally heard me and apologized for his actions. Ken

Horrible service desk employee experience

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Klbrown53