3. Grandeur of the Seas
We chose this cruise because we had a discount from Royal Caribbean because the previous cruise we were on we had a flooded cabin on the Allure of the Seas. We also chose this cruise because of the size of the ship. Neither my husband nor I liked the bigger ship, Allure. We preferred the smaller ships. We also liked the time of year and the biggest reason was the ports of call. We were very interested in seeing Boston however that stop & St John, Newfoundland was cancelled. We flew into Baltimore 2 days before cruse so we could see something of the city. We received an email from RC telling us even though hurricane Dorian may come our way we still had to be onboard ship before 3pm on Thursday, September 5th the day of departure. However, we did not leave until the morning of Saturday, September 7th. We also could not leave the ship. This is where I think RC dropped the ball. I think they should have had excursions into Baltimore instead of just having 2,300 people sitting on a ship. Good for them because then the passengers spend more money at the bar. What do you do for 2 days on a ship? My next problem was who made the decision on what ports to cancel? We went to 2 in Maine & 1 in Canada. Why didn't they choose the one in Boston, 1 in Maine & 1 in Canada? We did stop in Boston late at night for an emergency stop. We were on our way to Bar Harbor, ME but had to turn around & go back to Boston to drop a passenger off due to health emergency There were no medical facilities in Bar Harbor, ME? What happened when President Bush was at Kennebuckport? Of course this put us behind again. Finally I was not impressed with the excursions but I believe that was because we were always behind. The only thing we were on time for was the return to Baltimore. Had to be on time because another cruise was leaving that evening and they had to get us off & get ready for the next cruise. The dining staff in main dining room was terrific. Our stateroom attendant was also very good and helpful. I asked for ice and wine glasses & each night I had them in my stateroom. The entertainment was okay. The activities were okay but I think they were running out of ideas. You can only play corn hole so many days. The service was terrific. As with every other Royal Caribbean cruise we have been on the crew is fantastic.

Hurricane Dorian & Emergency Stop

KathieSC’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2B 7612
Lots of storage space except could not get suitcase under bed, had to store in closet.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Halifax
    They were not prepared for 2 RC ships to dock at the same time. I don't believe they had enough buses to handle the people. They told us the buses run every 15-20 minutes. We stood waiting for 45 minutes. We missed our last stop because it was getting late & we had to be back onboard ship.
    View All 13,157 Halifax Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Halifax Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    This was to be a 2 hour waking tour. After 2 hours & 45 minutes we left tour and he still wasn't done. He kept repeating that Portland was burned down 3 times. He mainly talked about Portland from the 1700's to the 1860's. Nothing current.
    View All 46 City Tour Reviews