3. Viking Sea
We had several friends who were taking this cruise. The ship was very nice I wanted to see the Scandinavian countries This was my first Viking cruise. I had heard many positive reviews from friends. I was disappointed in some of the shore excursions. The ultimate St Petersburg tour was 16 hours, 19000 steps (normal active senior adult 10,000) and included 21 flights of stairs. This doesn’t include hours of standing in long lines for hours. I am still under the care of an orthopedic surgeon over 2 months later. Additionally, the 3 hours of transportation to Berlin via train without air conditioning in 95 degree heat certainly doesn’t need luxury cruise standards. I did feel this put some passengers who had cardiac and respiratory issues at risk. Additionally, I ask the ship manager responsible for excursions to provide us a bag breakfast, since we had a 6:30am departure. I, like many passengers, am retired and don’t choose to eat breakfast before 6:30am. This suggestion wasn’t given any consideration. I was disappointed that we were unable to port in Poland and was not given any refund beyond the charge of the tour. I felt there should have been an on board credit, since we didn’t get the advertised number of ports.

Nice ship

Viking Sea Cruise Review by Sandra Leake

We had several friends who were taking this cruise. The ship was very nice

I wanted to see the Scandinavian countries

Sandra Leake’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

The cabin was very nice, clean and had sufficient storage