Norwegian Escape Cruise Review

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Avidcruiser24

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

I have traveled with Norwegian six other cruises and have had great experiences. This time was terrible. The delay from the previous cruise was because of the storm. Which I totally understand however they should’ve adjusted the time for everyone to arrive even later than they stated. We did not board the ship until almost 8:30 PM and had a muster drill at 10 PM to which prior to them starting that the captain gave a long speech. The food was not fresh and cold for the most part, the room was definitely not up to cleanliness standards of the past, and overall was just a terrible experience. When most people you encounter said that this was their worst trip and they could not wait for it to be over I think pretty much sums up how terrible it really was. I’ve always had positive experiences with Norwegian in the past but never cruised on the ship so I don’t know if it was a combination of factors, the ship itself, or the company just lowering its standard but I think I’ve had enough cruises with Norwegian due to this past experience.

Avidcruiser24's Full Rating Summary

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

Cabin was average but not clean. The bathroom smelled like urine, so I’m not sure if it was ever cleaned. I did ask the room steward if he would mind cleaning it due to the odor. I am not sure if it was cleaned but it smelled all week.

Avidcruiser24