Viking Tor Cruise Review

Relaxing, no glitch Danube cruise but don't miss the Prague extension

Viking Tor Cruise Review by uscdrm

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

This is our 4th Viking River Cruise, and we chose this itinerary because although we had visited much of Europe, we had never been to these cities. I was quite concerned before the trip regarding the water level on the Danube due to problems last year, but there were no issues. We came to Budapest a couple of days early and did some touring on our own, including a fun up close and personal Tuk Tuk tour. The embarkation went smoothly and we had a nice but small balcony cabin. All of the staff were excellent, from our waiters to our steward and we went on many of the excursions, as we recognized we are unlikely to come this way again. The food was fine and entertainment minimal other than a Mozart and Strauss concert excursion in Vienna and a folklore dinner in Prague. The captain was everywhere saying hello to all the guests which I haven't seen on a cruise before.

The highlight for all of us (we were traveling with son and dil) was the Prague extension which was far more interesting than we expected. The architecture is outstanding and the tours were interesting. My dil developed a toothache, and the host in Prague at our hotel actually arranged for an emergency dental appointment near the hotel and accompanied her to see the dentist helping to translate. We were very grateful for this service. I have absolutely no criticisms of this trip. However, without the Prague extension, I would have given it 4 circles as it wasn't as exciting as prior Viking trips which I attribute to the nature of these cities rather than any faults on Viking's part.

uscdrm's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 235

Clean, small, Scandinavian style

Highlights Tour

Bus and walking tour gives overview

View All 85 Highlights Tour Reviews
City Tour

Bus and walking tour provides overview

View All 169 City Tour Reviews
Schonbrunn Palace

Nothing special if you have seen Versailles or Catherine"s palace. No a/c inside which my husband found stffiling.

View All 179 Schonbrunn Palace Reviews

I'm more of a rock and roller but other members of my party loved it.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Walking Tour

Walking tour with visit to 17th century St Stephen's Cathedral and organ concert.

View All 218 Walking Tour Reviews
Nuremberg

Nuremberg and WWII excursion was highlight of the cruise if you are a history buff.

Old Town Walking Tour

Expect a lot of walking in this fascinating city.

View All 20 Old Town Walking Tour Reviews