This was my husband's and my 20th cruise. We decided to try Oceania because we heard the food and overall experience was worth the extra cost over the mainstream lines. Here are things that I think were better on Oceania:(1) the food in general. It was served individually even at the buffet and it was warm and of higher quality than all the other cruises we have been on. One visit to each of the specialty restaurants was included and most were good, although I was disappointed with my filet mignon at Polo Grill as it lacked flavor. High tea was served every afternoon and it did not disappoint with delicious mini sandwiches and delightful sweets. (2) the room and bathroom. They were very spacious. (3) the lack of constant announcements and advertising. (4) the complimentary fitness classes. Our instructor, Carlos, was attentive and professional. Here are the things I disliked on Oceania: (1) No restaurant open 24 hours. When we returned from shore excursions in the afternoon, there was no where to eat! We had to resort to High Tea, which was good, but not a substitute for an actual meal. (2) They were so cheap with the "included" specialty coffees. The cups were so small!!! The mini cups they serve their frozen coffee in has to be a joke. Two sips and you're done. (3) The lack of a nightlife. My husband and I enjoy dancing the night away. The Marina has a cute machine called Jukester Juke Box, where you can choose your own songs to dance to. Unfortunately, they turned the lights on and the machine off at 11:20! During a song where four of us were dancing!!! This is unacceptable on a sea day eve! And so rude. We talked to management who apologized, but we obviously can't get those evenings back. We love all of our cruises, including this one. However, we won't be returning to Oceania, unless we find an itinerary that we can't find elsewhere.

Not worth the extra cost

Marina Cruise Review by organist65

(2) the room and bathroom. They were very spacious.

(3) the lack of constant announcements and advertising.

organist65’s Full Rating Summary