3. Carnival Breeze
We chose this ship because it sailed from Port Canaveral (Orlando) to Bermuda. That was the ONLY reason. My previous experience with Carnival was "lowest common denominator". I've been on about 20 cruises with Norwegian, Holland America, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Here are my "positive" notes: (1) fastest ever embarkation, (2) arrived at cabin 1:30PM with luggage waiting, (3) lifeboat drill used fast ship-card check in, (4) good quality balcony & deck furniture, (5) beach towels supplied in cabin, (6) cabin well lit (no struggle to read in bed), (7) excellent cake station in buffet - custom cut for you. Previous reviews have criticized the food as bland and uninteresting (and somewhere I've seen Carnival allude to their "hamburger and fried chicken" loving passengers. So I carried a bottle of Herbes de Provence which was unused after the 2nd day. We found the dinner menu quite adequate, imaginative and comparable to other cruise lines. While the Melting Chocolate Cake was the star of the dessert menu, there were other tasty selections such as a nicely done creme brulee. I was a bit disappointed in their preparation of mushrooms. We liked the layout of the buffet - relatively small "rooms" with buffet and nearby tables. No walking 50 yards around all the stations, then trying to find your seatmates. The first night we went late to the show, sat near the starboard door, something wet was dripping on my head and my partner was shivering. We left. During a talk by ship managers, a passenger remarked on the small number of Carnival shows ("on every ship"), and she would like to see more variety (as a frequent Carnival guest). The ship acknowledged the complaint, stated a new show is in the works, they are expensive to produce, and the existing ones have new personnel that bring a new look to an old show. The production shows are a big reason I cruise, so I'm not in a hurry to sail with Carnival again to see the same old thing. The band Sea Squared (if I have that right) was very good. We were particularly impressed with a string trio performing on the central stairway. A lot of talent (of course), with excellent variety., Definitely not "lowest common denominator". They were great. Debarkation went very well. We had to wait about 15 minutes with luggage in hand because the terminal got backed up. Absolutely no problem getting on elevators. We are happy!

I swore I'd never sail on Carnival again, but..... WOW !

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Village Gypsy

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Premium Vista Balcony

The band Sea Squared (if I have that right) was very good.

Absolutely no problem getting on elevators.

We are happy!
Village Gypsy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Premium Vista Balcony
Cabin 9C 9472
We loved it! The wrap-around balcony was hot closest to the center of the ship (engine heat?), but the outside end was nice and breezy. No couch in the cabin, just one chair and a stool under the desk. See attached video (or if not attached see YouTube "Carnival Breeze #9472 and cruise ship hacks"). https://youtu.be/j3iNmJ0Fv2M
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins