Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by jcruiser201

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

We chose to go on this cruise due to the ports. It was harder to get to than a Florida cruise flying to San Juan.

The ship is beautiful. I love the 5th floor promenade floor The whole ship was very clean. the public washrooms were so clean someone must just stay there and clean all day.

Our cabin was amazing. We had a 12th floor panoramic ocean view. With only 30 feet to the outside deck we did not even is the balcony and the view we had was second to none.

The main dining room food and service was excellent. Louis was our waiter and really made the dining experience excellent.

The ports were amazing and since we have cruises so many times it was nice to go somewhere new.

Now for the negative- I was not thrilled at all with the entertainment. I did not like the big productions, the skating show was OK, the comedians where good but overall did not like the shows. (compared to MSC Seaside and others)

The activities where OK but very focused on the Spanish clientele.

it was really the other guests that made this cruise only a 3 out of 5.

I estimate that more than 70-80% of the cruise was from Puerto Rico. More Spanish than English. We have done cruises with MSC where announcements are made in 6 languages and I did not find that as annoying as the "loud" shouting Spanish constantly announced.

The buffet was OK but being on any kind of restrictive diet really limited what you can eat.

My biggest pet peave. saving chairs. There are signs up saying you can't save chairs but no one polices it. Prime chairs had a towel and flip flop on the chair for over 6 hours (that we were watching) and no one every came to sit there. On Celebrity you don't sign out chairs but you also lose your chair if you are not sitting on it (with your towel) there is staff picking up towels all the time. There is really no saving chairs.

I wish all cruise lines would adopt this.

jcruiser201's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 1N 1868

excellent cabin. we loved where it was (right off the open deck)

large window +

St. Maarten

Love the beach. Walking distance to ship (about 10 minutes)

20-25$ for 2 chairs, umbrella and bucket of 5 beers

the group beside us paid for a $30 pp trip to the beach (no beer)

Aruba

really safe place to walk about. was here a year ago and took a bus tour which was amazing.

Curacao

Beautiful city. walked everywhere. Very safe. people are really nice.

Bonaire

never been here before. really nice port. not a lot to do. we did a really great walk about. I would suggest a tour and would do one next time. Beaches are known to be very rocky (broken coral shells) bring swim shoes.

jcruiser201