3. Celebrity Infinity
This was my first cruise with Celebrity. I wanted to try the line and wanted a 7 day Med on a small-medium ship so Infinity fit the bill. I was a bit apprehensive when I read some reviews (especially as my husband is not a cruise lover and has to be dragged on one). The words "old, dated, tired" kept going round in my head from other reviews. But it goes to show you should keep an open mind...I absolutely loved this ship. The small worn bits here and there are not worth mentioning (to me anyway). I think it is a beautiful ship, understated elegance and the crew kept it really clean and were constantly maintaining it. It doesn't have the bling of other ships but I don't want a promenade with trees and endless shops. I want to know I'm on a proper ship. For the first three days I didn't even get off, I enjoyed the pool area so much (and I had it almost to myself). There are some really luxurious sun loungers although some kind of sun shade would be good. It was a bit too hot in July. The pool is small but nice and deep. The cabanas on the top deck are also very inviting but there was always a film being shown so it was not the most peaceful of areas. Great for teenagers though. The food was the best I ever had on a cruise, we only ate in the Trellis and Ocean View buffet, (lovely afternoon tea) and I really liked the lobster night. The waiters were fantastic, so attentive and we had fun with them as well as all our different dining companions. Really, all the staff were great and hats off to the crew behind the scenes who keep it all going smoothly and we never get to see them. Apart from the ship, the people we met, from all corners of the globe, made it a truly memorable holiday. We had such fun at night on the dance floor, oh that silent disco is the best thing ever!!! We actually never made it to breakfast any day, as we danced late into every night. Didn't make it to any shows either, I popped my head into one but we preferred the musicians in the bars before dinner. My husband got off every day in order to do his 10,000 steps (to offset the gorgeous food and cocktails), I only got off at Argostoli, Dubrovnick and Koper and in all these, it was just to have a swim in the clear Mediterranean waters. In all cases we walked for 30-40 minutes to a beach. We could have got there by easier means but wanted the walk. Koper has a really super city beach a stone's throw from the ship. (It was my fourth cruise round the Med so had been to most places before) I will definitely cruise with Celebrity again, I'm just sorry all the ships being built these days are so big, Infinity is a lovely size and even though it was full, it never felt crowded. Sorry I can't comment on the Spa, theatre, speciality restaurants, indoor solarium, casino...what can I say, it was a fun filled week without even getting round to any of these.. Would go again tomorrow...

Understated elegance, a beautiful ship

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Pure Dub

Koper has a really super city beach a stone's throw from the ship.

(It was my fourth cruise round the Med so had been to most places before)

Would go again tomorrow...
Pure Dub’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Ocean View 4
Cabin 04 6000
We were very happy with cabin 6000, it has a large round porthole in a square frame. The cabin is a good size, larger than I expected and kept immaculate by the cabin steward. It was lovely to look out on the bow. Lovely bathroom too. It's worth considering an oceanview unless you really want to sit out on a balcony as you need to keep the windows closed anyway for the air conditioning to work.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins