3. Carnival Sunshine
This cruise was a little different than my previous cruise, for several reasons. First, Charleston was being evacuated the day we were scheduled to sail due to Hurricane Dorian. We had notice that Half Moon Cay would be removed from the itinerary the day before we left, which was disappointing but understandable. Because of the evacuation, my husband and I decided to leave and head to Charleston a day early to be able to beat the traffic and the road closures and re-routes. Unfortunately, we decided that at 9:30 pm the night before the cruise, so we got to Charleston at about 1 am, got booked at a hotel, slept, and then headed to the port Monday morning. The cruise opened arrival early because of the evacuation and delayed the departure, so we really got a full day on the ship that first day-- we were on by 10 and didn't leave the port until 6. We sped east to move around the hurricane. While it was SUPER rocky due to the speed, and I did get queasy and seasick and had to lie down, we never felt unsafe. The cruise overall was really great. Beautiful weather, great communication from the cruise director about our ports and Charleston, the ship was well-equipped with lots of new features for us (our previous cruise was on a smaller ship), and a wonderful excursion in Nassau. Our steward was really great-- always available, and always had our room ready after dinner (we like evening turndown), but never obtrusive in the way it can sometimes feel. The dining room staff was awesome. Putra and his team are amazing.

Best evacuation plan ever! :)

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by emcofield

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)
emcofield’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)
Cabin 4J 3127
We loved this cabin! We loved that it had a window for an interior price. It seemed slightly larger than a regular interior too, but that might just be because of the light. The "obstructed" view isn't obstructed at all-- there is a deck right outside the window, and it was a little unnerving having people walk by outside, but there was a view onto the ocean. It was nice.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Sea Lion Encounter
    LOVED blue lagoon. Beautiful beach, beautiful water, sea lion excursion was a blast. Don't eat the buffet if you go-- way overpriced for sub-par food. I think we should've ordered from the menu for a better experience.
    View All 28 Sea Lion Encounter Reviews