Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Pendletonguy

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

This was my 24th Cruise, which includes river cruises in Europe. It was our first time on NCL and will be our last! Their customer service stinks! NCL booked our flights and 6 hours before our departure, our flight was cancelled. I called the NCL emergency number for flight problems and was on hold for 40 minutes! The NCL person said he could not help me and gave me a phone number to call.....which was the exact number I had just called!! The airline was finally able to rebook us, but it was touch and go.

On arrival in NYC, we waited 3 hours for our prepaid transfers to the ship. Again, we tried to contact NCL with our new flight arrival time, but couldn’t get ahold of them on a Saturday morning. When we finally departed JFK on the shuttle, the shuttle driver was probably hi on something! He passed every car on the road and did a U-turn in the middle of the block. Everyone was frightened by his driving.

Our first nite on board, our toilet flooded the bathroom floor due to a leak. In the morning, I called housekeeping and then guest services to report, but no answer at either place. About 3 hours later, we finally got ahold of housekeeping. It was repaired that afternoon. Nice bath towels from our room steward helped until it was repaired.

Before departure, I called twice with questions....one time I was on hold for 40 minutes and the second time on hold for 20 minutes. This is no way to run a business!

Also, the Dawn is rather tired, the food was only so-so unless you were dining at a specialty restaurant. The food there was good. Hamburgers by the pool were cold...couldn’t even eat mine.

We had a balcony cabin with peeling paint and rust on the balcony. The cabin itself was adequate. Only one outlet in the entire cabin!! Always static on our phone line, which made it difficult to talk to our travel companions.

Pendletonguy's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

One additional item....although our flight left Quebec City on time, Our connection was too tight and we missed our connection in Chicago. Had to sleep in a hotel for less than 4 hours...getting up at 3:45 AM to catch our reassigned flight.

Pendletonguy