3. Pacific Princess
It is a bit concerning to take a small ship across the North Sea and North Atlantic. We have crushed the route on a big ship, but how would it be on a small ship. The answer is it was great. The small ship allowed us to quickly move around the ship. No long lines and no waiting for elevators. The Pacific Princess ha a very friendly and efficient staff. Our embarkment at Dover went flawlessly. Quick and efficient. We got settled in, explores the ship and were ready to sail before the muster drill. This itinerary was almost perfect. A day at sea to begin with. Stavanger and then another sea day to Iceland. 4 ports around Iceland and then 2 days back to Norway. 4 ports in Norway and then a sea day back to Dover.The sea days allowed us to rest after the great ports. The ship was pleasant, but somewhat outdated. The small size presented problems for the Production Shows. They were well presented, but the venue did not provide good views of the shows. Occasionally, I felt that there wasn't much to do, but that may be ok. I was pleased with the quality of the performers. There were only two singers in the shows, but they were both outstanding. Our cabin was smaller than we were used to and had little storage. The bathroom was about the same size as usual, but was not organized as well as the newer ships. The main dining room only had traditional dining, but that is my preference anyway. The staff was well trained and efficient. I enjoyed the dining experience, but some of my companions felt the menu was too limited. The staff was more than willing to accommodate when requested. The disembarkment at Dover was quick and easy. A most pleasant experience.

Small Ship Cruise to Iceland and Norway

Pacific Princess Cruise Review by kednad2ela

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The disembarkment at Dover was quick and easy. A most pleasant experience.
kednad2ela’s Full Rating Summary
Get Pacific Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB 6084
Cabin was small with little storage. Location was near the back of the ship, but because of the size of the ship, it was still close to everything.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins