3. Norwegian Escape
0 Stars. Negative stars, really. I’m sure Norwegian doesn’t care that I had a bad time. Just one customer lost over thousands that board happily every day. But, I want to leave a review anyway. Maybe one customer will listen and second guess NCL. Just came back from Norwegian Escape heading up New England and Canada. I did not enjoy the experience one bit and I let Alvin the cruise director and I assume the Captain or an Officer know upon exit (as they were standing there). I get it, Hurricane Dorian messed things up and when my family arrived at the Terminal in NYC, tons of people were there and the staff may have been overwhelmed. But that doesn’t excuse the misinformation and the attitude staff members were giving myself and others. Let’s start off with those who booked directly with NCL and were told via phone calls and text messages to not come to the Terminal until 4pm, meanwhile apparently people who did not book through NCL were never told there was a delay and arrived at the Terminal much earlier than 4pm. Not an issue, except these people who arrived before 4pm received embarkation numbers in the single digits or teens while those who listened dutifully to NCL received numbers in the high 30s or not at all. So, how is that fair? When I entered the terminal, no one told me I had to find this mysterious person who had embarkation boarding numbers but I did find the snotty employee who asked me why I needed 6 health cards (I don’t know? Because I have 6 people in my family?) Second, when we finally got processed and boarded the ship there was zero traffic flow control. Everyone entered in deck 7 and flooded both the aft and forward elevators. The elevators were always full for whatever reason, when the doors opened, it was full. Eventually one staff member arrived and while I was first in line for the elevator, the staff member ushered others in, leaving me with two suit cases and a baby carriage (no baby, as my wife walked with the baby the 7 flights up to our room after ten minutes of waiting). Finally, disembarkation. You’re supposed to claim your color for an orderly disembarkation the night before . On this day, green was for disembarkation prior to 8am, orange 8:15-8:45, then other colors for later disembarkation and luggage removal. Well, no one is checking tags, so everyone is running amuck and trying to flee the ship, which can you guess? Leads to ridiculous wait “lines” at the elevators. I use the word “line” loosely as people were just on top of one another. And, while the down button was pressed, every single elevator headed down was already packed when the doors opened in 14, leading people now to go up, just to go down, leading to even more packed elevators. We waited for 10 minutes and realized we’d never get down. So my 69 year old father grabbed his own luggage and carried it 7 flights. While I lugged my luggage down 7 flights. No order, no traffic control. A straight mess. If NCL is known for their “free style” cruises and “free style” is supposed to be chaotic and disorganized, then you’ve found your ship and company! But it’s not my cup of tea. One final thought on the elevators from hell. Their AI system needs a reworking. If you want all the elevators at the bank to work, you have to press the down or up buttons in the starboard and port side, one button won’t light them all up. But I’ve also personally watched as 5 minutes passed with no elevator stopping on my floor despite me pressing the down button (on other occasions). In fact, I saw the elevator come to 14, light up, make a noise, but sail past my floor to 16. Anyways, heed my warnings or not, up to you. But I’m sure Alvin, the Captain and NCL won’t care as they already pocketed my money.

Chaotic Disarray

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by sheridanchu

0 Stars. Negative stars, really.

sheridanchu’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Large Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B6 14114
Robert our steward kept his area and our room well maintained and stocked.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins