• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Marvel12
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Aug 2019
Cabin:

After reading all of the negative Reviews about the Crown Princess, British Isles itinerary, my expectations of the ship and cruise line were not high. But, my group was pleasantly surprised and we really enjoyed our trip leaving from Le Havre at the end of August. The interior room, for the price, was better than expected, the bed was very comfortable and the cabin fit our needs for three just fine. Sure it was tight but that's what you would expect for an interior room on a cruise ship. Overall, I found the food quite good, particularly in the sit-down restaurants and the Crown Grill. Sabatini's was nothing special (don't waste your money) and the buffet Horizon Court closed serving sections even at the busiest times which was inefficient when serving large numbers of people. The coffee was terrible (you have to pay for better coffee) and the internet purchase was very expensive. Both of these should be included in the price. The entertainment, overall, was quite good. The Irish comedian was very funny and the musicians (band and string ensemble) were excellent. Angela the cruise director is very personable and entertaining and the staff provides stellar service and always with a smile. I can't speak to the shore excursions as I arranged all excursions myself beforehand knowing that cruise lines overcharging for excursions. For the price, I would definitely recommend this itinerary and ship. You cover a lot of ground.

1 Helpful Vote