• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

NMay151
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Aug 2019
Cabin: French Balcony Superior

My aunt and I wanted to go to Switzerland to see the Alps after much research our travel agent recommended a Viking River Cruise. I’ve always wanted to visit Amsterdam/Holland to see the windmills so the Rhine Getaway seemed like the opportunity to do two countries that we both wanted to visit. We arrived in Amsterdam and were met by a Viking Representative and taken to the Viking Vidar. Our flight was an early arrival so our room wasn’t ready after an 8 hour flight Viking got us right onto the ship and into their lounge we were able to relax, have a snack before heading out to take a canal cruise of Amsterdam (so convenient within walking distance). Every Country we visited (Germany, France, Switzerland) and the included excursions were wonderful. We enjoyed just sitting on the sun deck, floating by beautiful scenery (castles, small villages, mountains, vineyards, etc). The crew were so friendly and attention to detail was everything I had hoped. I was amazed that after the first day they would know your name. Gavin our program director made sure things ran smoothly when you were off the ship and when we returned from an excursion the Captain would greet you back onto the ship while the hotel manager would have some little treat for you! Attention to detail!! We stayed two extra days in Lucern Switzerland and WOW even then Viking was available if you needed anything. We were sad to leave Switzerland the Alps were beautiful!!! Must take the train to Mürren, Switzerland you will be so happy you did. I highly recommend Viking worth every penny! Thank you to the Vidar cabin steward for making my birthday special.

French Balcony Superior

Cabin C

Best cabin steward! Room was small but functional and the French Balcony great! Fresh air and wonderful view! Heated bathroom floors WOW

1 Helpful Vote