3. Celebrity Solstice
I have taken 1 Carnival cruise ages ago. 1 Royal Caribbean 15 years ago and about 14 Norwegian cruise line cruises. On the Celebrity-Embarkation and disembarkation were smooth. I loved the size of ship. Never overcrowded. Perfect size. Cabin- in comparison to even the Norwegian new ships but had amazing storage. Didn’t need my over the door plastic shoe rack due to the great storage in bathroom. Nearly floor to ceiling cabinet like a deep medicine cabinet. We were in an Aqua class balcony room. Loved the extra storage over the beds. We could get daily, included, room service for breakfast. Loved having breakfast on our balcony on most mornings. Another bonus, big for me, I could put my feet up on balcony. And, table on balcony large enough for breakfast tray. The service in Blu(included for Aqua class and open for breakfast and dinner) Tuscan Grill and Romano(extra charge) were great. I was very impressed with the quality of the buffet. Amazing desserts. They even have a GF and sugar free section. Comedian was funny. We didn’t see a lot of shows. Best interactive, funny engaging captain we have ever encountered. He was so enthusiastic! Service was great. We had great weather at all ports except Victoria. Ketchikan-very disappointed our lighthouse, totem and eagles was cancelled. They tried calling us at 10:10 for our 12:30 meet up but we were off the ship already. We did get a refund. Our only last minute replacement option was crab boat ride or duck. We took the duck and it was actually a nice land and water tour. Our friends took the Bear life and wildlife excursions and loved it. Juneau-dog sled summer camp excursion was so much fun. Skagway-white pass rail and Yukon adventure. Long tour. We’ve done the train twice now we are done. Train up. Bus down. The suspension bridge place in Yukon was beautiful with great chili. Our friends got stuck on the later train for 6 hours missing their helicopter tour later. All was refunded but their day was wasted. Victoria was pouring so we didn’t get off. Slots were tight and casino staff wasn’t friendly. Lack of smiles and offered drinks. Cons: longest, most annoying muster drill ever. Stupid, time wasting movie. Why do they do this to the passengers? Celebrity gets it wrong. Casino staff. Cancelled excursion with poor, delayed communication. Pros: service. Above and beyond. Captain. Food quality. Wow. The shower has a bar so I can shave my legs easier and additional body sprayers for an enjoyable shower. . Raj, room steward, was awesome! Anticipating our every need. So much fun hanging out in Seattle (Motif Seattle) before cruise and an extra 2 days in Vancouver at Pinnacle Harbor Resort. I would do this ship and cruise again. Next time, I will go end of August to hopefully see some northern lights.

Great service, food, ports, ship, etc.

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by marcolisa

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

Service was great. We had great weather at all ports except Victoria.

marcolisa’s Full Rating Summary