3. Norwegian Jewel
Ship: The NCL Jewel did not disappoint. From start to finish this boat looked great. Never once did I see any aging on this ship at all. It was recently refurbished within the last year and is obviously maintained very well. Cabin: Our cabin number was 8088. Overall it was a good cabin but did get a little noisy at night. This was not because of any bars/ restaurants on the ship. It seemed to be some maintenance being done on the life boats or plumbing late at night. We were never really able to pinpoint exactly what it was. This lasted for the first half of the cruise and the room was perfectly quiet the rest of the cruise. Dining: Our experience on all the the Norwegian cruises we have been the same. The food was excellent. From the buffet to the specialty dining there was not one item of food that wasn't good. We ate at the main dining room, buffet, Cagney, Moderno and the on board hibachi grill. I highly recommend them all. Especially the premium dining options. Entertainment: The entertainment on board was also fantastic. This was our fourth Norwegian cruise and this was one of the reasons we switched from Carnival cruise lines (nine cruises). Carnival entertainment started to get very bad. Norwegian dominates in this category. This cruise included multiple shows including a cirque style show, aerobatics, comedian, and many more. Every single one was great. Service: From the moment we got on board service was above and beyond. As with all the other Norwegian cruises we have been on the service by everyone on the ship was excellent. Ports: First, I highly recommend this itinerary. Alaska is a beautiful place and these ports are all fantastic. This is our second time in three years and I want to go again. Seward: We took the train from Anchorage to Seward the day before the cruise. This train was great and I recommend this method of travel to the port instead of a bus. Once we arrived in Seward we took the 6 hour Kenai fjords cruise offered by Major Marine Tours. The weather was not very good this day but it was still an enjoyable experience. Hubbard Glacier: We arrived in the early afternoon. Get outside on the decks to get the best views. The Captain maneuvers the ship around multiple times so everyone can get a look. This is the most magnificent glacier I have ever seen and one of the largest in the world! Icy Straight Point: This is a small port with some shopping within walking distance. If you need assistance there is also a shuttle that runs every 15 minutes around the area. We did the two and half hour whale watching cruise and it exceeded all expectations. We saw Orcas, Humpback whales, Sea Lions and much more. Juneau: While in port we did the whale watching and Mendenhall Glacier. I also recommend both. We saw sea lions and humpback whales. It was a slow whale watching day but still saw multiple whales. Mendenhall Glacier has a very nice visitor center and multiple overlooks to get good pictures of the glacier. Skagway: Very nice town within walking distance. We previously did the White Pass railway. I recommend this if you have never do it before. This time we took a bus up into Yukon and got to further than the train goes. This was a nice shore excursion and it was good to see some new and beautiful scenery. Ketchikan: We did the Misty fjords by boat. This excursion is a long one but does not disappoint. Once in the fjords it is scenery that I would compare to the Fjords in Norway. If you have never been it is a must. Unfortunately it is a multiple hour boat ride both ways. If you do not like small boats this may not be for you. If your debating on whether or not to do this cruise, book it. This is an excellent vacation and Norwegian cruise lines is the way to go.

Another great Alaskan experience

MJ Travels’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Obstructed Oceanview
Cabin OK 8088

The view from the room is limited but it is nice to have some natural light!
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins