3. Enchantment of the Seas
I was on a 5-night cruise out of Galveston with ports in Costa Maya and Cozumel. This was my second time on Enchantment (my first was in 2006). This trip was a girls' trip with three of my friends. We stayed at Harbor House hotel the night before the cruise and parked at her sister hotel, The Galvez ($20 for 5 nights, garage parking). The hotel provided a free shuttle to and from the port. Embarkation was delayed about an hour due to a coast guard inspection. We waited in the lounge after checking in at the port. Since this was my second cruise on Royal, I was Gold, which shortened the wait. We had lunch reservations at Chops. The food was some of the best I had on the ship. We especially liked the cheese tater tots. Royal still does a traditional muster drill outdoors (in the heat and sun of Galveston) but you no longer need to bring your life vest. I had not been to Costa Maya before. We took a cab to the beach. The village near the port is a poor village and the beach clubs aren't fancy. I was worried about heat but there was a great breeze off the ocean. There were plenty of beach chairs in the shade. We found a beach club without a cover charge, where we just paid for our food and drinks. I had a massage on the beach - it was supposed to be an hour but it was more like 30 minutes, so keep an eye on the time if you care about that. This is not a spa massage - she used baby oil - but it felt good. There was no stinky seaweed at the beach (it looks like they put up a fence in the ocean to keep the seaweed out). This was my third time in Cozumel. We did a four-hour private snorkel tour with Chichi Charters. Amazing! I highly recommend it! Afterward we took a cab to La Chosa for lunch. The tropical fish (red snapper) was delicious. And I loved the avocado pie (a frozen dessert!). On the ship, we ate in the dining room a couple of times and ate several times at the buffet. The food was good. Some was better than others, but I never went hungry. The Indian food at the buffet was especially good. I had the soda package and was glad to see they have added a Coke Freestyle machine. Anyone can get water out of the machine. You'll need your provided Royal cup for drinks (many kinds of soda, seltzer water, flavorings). I also carried on bottled water, and it was handy to have it in my room fridge (up to 12 bottles/cans per stateroom). We enjoyed the live music, especially at the piano bar (Schooner Bar) and in the Centrum. The musical stage shows were good but not great. I was disappointed in the variety of evening shows - two nights were musical shows with the onboard cast, the other three nights were all comedians. My favorite spot on the ship is still the relaxation room at the Spa. Anyone can use it. You can relax on a lounge chair while overlooking the aft of the ship. I used the gym one time and it was the best view I've ever had while doing cardio. I also took advantage of the walking track above the pool deck. The ship is showing her age, but I can tell they've made some updates. I'd definitely recommended this cruise for adults. For kids, there's a pool and the kids club, but not many activities for kids. We were able to find a table for breakfast at the buffet on disembarkation day. We had a bit of a wait in the lounge, but were off the ship only 15 minutes later than scheduled (delayed due to lightning). All in all, a relaxing and enjoyable cruise!

Relaxing Cruise

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by platinumflyer2000

All in all, a relaxing and enjoyable cruise!
platinumflyer2000’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin J3 8672
We'd originally booked a balcony room but were able to upgrade for $70 total a few weeks before the cruise. We weren't able to use our (huge) balcony as much as I'd hoped since it was hot - but the last day (when we didn't have afternoon sun), it was lovely. There is plenty of storage in the room - we didn't need it all. My only complaint is that the pictures on the wall rattled at night. The room smelled fine but the hallway just outside the room stank.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins