MSC Preziosa Cruise Review

First and last time with MSC

MSC Preziosa Cruise Review by winterrod

• Sail Date: Sep 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

Pros =

1) Service at the dinner - Waiter always friendly

2) Service and cleanliness on our Room

3) Pre paid internet was 4gb for 4 devices and it was cheap comparing with other cruises that I´ve made

4) Pre paid digital pictures was very cheap. I got in the end a pen drive with 120 pictures taken during the cruise and it costed 90 euros. During the cruise, they were charging 30 euros for EACH picture

5) Pizza was very good

Cons =

1) Overall the bar staff was not trained at all. First night at the Cruise, I ordered a bottle of Champagne, the lady came after 10 minutes with the Bottle saying that it was the first time that she opened a Champagne bottle and tried to close it with the Cork again.

2) The food at the buffet was terrible and always crowded. It was always stressfull getting food, find a table

3) The cruise only offers free Water (when other lines offer Iced Tea, etc). The places to get drinks were dirty and some of them had only Coffe and not hot milk

4) The portion size of the dinner was terrible ... everyone at our table asked always 2-3 main courses because it was impossible to have food enough with only 1 main dish.

5) The shows during the evening at the theater were very poor. Comparing with other cruises that I´ve been, it was by far the worse. I even slept because if was boring.

6) The overall entertainment during the cruise was very bad... other cruises that I´ve been, have a Cruise Director that cheers up the entire ship with lot of enterntainment and parties. At the Preziosa, and I dont even know if we have similar role during the ship.

7) Basic stuff like NUTELLA... it was not offered during the breakfast for my Daugther, but it was available if asked.. so every time i needed to go to the bar and ask for Nutella and the waiter passed me a few nutella hidden like he was giving me drugs.

8) The overall service was so bad that I went to the guest services and asked to remove the service charge. I then paid good service at the dinner and room directly to the waiters.

9) I´ve been in many different Cruise companies before and this was the first that THEY DONT OFFER FREE ICE CREAM. All other have free 24h ice cream. They charge at Preziosa for everything.

Worst cruise experience I ever had, and i will never get on a MSC ship again.

winterrod's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin I2 1319

Cabin was bigger when compared to other interior stateroom that I´ve been.. everything worked ok.

Le Havre

Long drive to Paris plus some sight seeing plus 3 hours at your own to go where you wanna go. It was worth it.

Southampton

After a long drive to london, we had 4 hours on our own to explore london. I´ve been there before which helped.. we had enough time to go to the favorite places.

Brugge (Bruges)

We imagined having a lot of more experience with the chocolate history and details but it was 30 minutes waiting for a 20 minutes demonstration of the chocolate. The city is beautiful but would take other excursion next time to have more time to go around Brugges on my own.

Rotterdam

The excursion was only booked for the afternoon so we decided to go no our own in the morning to the places which were close to the Ship. We ended up going in pretty much the same places as the tour we took later on. Desapointing and time wasted.

winterrod