3. Norwegian Joy
It was our first time on a cruise and decided to go to Alaska. My husband wasn't keen on taking a cruise and ended up pleasantly surprised that he wasn't bored or got cabin fever. We couldn't go into Endicott Arm and see the glaciers because Mother Nature wouldn't cooperate. Too foggy to safely go in there and out. I respect the Captain's decision on that one. Our highlight was seeing the orca and humpback whales up close on our whale quest in Juneau. I heard others say the whale watching at Icy Straight Point was also fabulous. There were a few cranky people on the observation deck scolding others for holding a chair for a family member getting food or coming back to their seat. Give me a break people! You are supposed to be on vacation and not be the chair police! I thought our time in Juneau was short (4 hours). The plan was to go to the glacier after that, so I believe that was why it was short. Although Icy Straight Point was cool, 4 hours would have been enough time. There is not much to do unless you decide to go whale watching or kayaking. The kayakers stayed in a large group near shore. I found the staff to be friendly and very customer service oriented on the ship. Victoria is a beautiful city! All in all, we had a great time. The food was amazing and the specialty dining was fantastic. I had the best surf and turf at Cagney’s Steak House. We met new friends too which was a nice bonus.

Fabulous first time cruise to Alaska

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by HikingAdventurer

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

HikingAdventurer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Joy price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 11852
Great cabin on the 11th floor. Having a balcony room was a must.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins