3. Viking Star
From start to finish, this trip was an incredible dream come true. The Viking Star is a gorgeous ship, sleek, understated, beautiful, and inspired. Our Penthouse Veranda cabin was beautiful, with the same elegant Scandinavian design esthetic as throughout the ship. We loved the huge closet and ample drawers, and our full-size luggage slid easily under the bed, so we felt fully moved in and at home. Dinners at Manfredi's and The Chef's Table were exquisite, and The Restaurant and other dining venues were equally superb. The wines at lunch and dinner were all excellent, and varied every day, so there was always a new taste discovery to look forward to. The nightly musical entertainment was wonderful, and a relaxing way to cap off each evening. Perhaps the single most outstanding aspect of life on the Viking Star was the impeccable, tireless, seemingly effortless service of the entire crew. We were made to feel completely welcome, valued, and honored by every single crew member, which added so much to the entire experience of life onboard ship..I must make special mention of the housekeeping staff, who worked endless hours day and night with unfailing good cheer, friendliness, and professionalism; Nur and Jeremy are stars in my book! Every port was a wonderful choice, and the shore excursions were all excellent, with two exceptions. Especially memorable were Barcelona, Marseille's Old Port, Florence, Pompeii/Sorrento, Corfu, and Dubrovnik. The Rome Snapshots tour was not "as advertised" being that we simply had no-stopping, drive-by views of the Colosseum, Pantheon and a few other sights, and then were left at The Vatican to our own devices for nearly four hours. Had we known ahead of time, we would have chosen a different tour or been able to plan better for our unexpected free time. My excursion to Aix-en-Provence was beautiful, I loved every second of it, but it was marred by the guide's mockery of some of the locals. Once given free time to explore on my own, however, Aix was sheer delight. Those two small quibbles aside, there is not one place we visited that I wouldn't jump at the chance to revisit on another Viking adventure. Thank you, Viking, for the dream trip of a lifetime!

Mediterranean Magic

Viking Star Cruise Review by drehn

From start to finish, this trip was an incredible dream come true.

drehn’s Full Rating Summary