3. Adventure of the Seas
We wanted a port in which we could drive to and this one was good for us. We had never cruised and wanted something classy yet fun, and Royal Caribbean seemed to fit that bill. We love history, so a New England/Canada cruise was another plus for us newbies. PARKING: We chose to save $30 and park off site, I would NOT do that again. While we had no problems, it was a hassle leaving to come home and we had to wait for vans to show up. Next time, we part at the port. Main Dinning Room: We LOVED it and the food. My wife is Gluten-Free and allergic to egg. The chief was great and catered to her needs, made her a special soup, special dessert and was very helpful. A+++ to the dinning staff. CHOPS: We really liked it, we had a 3 night specialty dinning package. I would probably NOT do that again as we liked the MDR. But this was our first cruise. The food was very good, the waiter is okay. My steak was a little over cooked, but the sides and dessert was great. Loved it. GIOVANNI'S TABLE: We ate here twice, and their steak was better, in my opinion, than Chops Grille. The service was very good, but the small dinning room with glass windows was just more elegant than Chops. Again, we really liked it, but would not have to do this on every cruise. WINDJAMMER: We disliked the buffet. But then again, we were looking for more than just a quick bite to eat and run to something else. For us, it was fine, but over crowded, difficult to find a seat, and getting drinks were not easy. We chose to only eat there for 2 breakfasts and one lunch. CASINO: Very very smokey. I don't gamble much, but would not stay there because one night you literally looked through a fog of smoke. Just too much for me and I am fairly tolerant of smoking. ENTERTAINMENT: We do have a fairly strong moral viewpoint in life and the comedy wanted to push the envelope. While we did 4 shows they were not great in our opinion, but we know this as very personal taste kind of thing. The ICE SHOW was great.

Fantastic First Ever Cruise

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by jkecsj89

jkecsj89’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V 1101
We were on Deck 11 and LOVED our room. There are only two inside rooms on this deck. Our room steward was fine, but not great. Only saw him when we boarded, one afternoon and the night before we left. The room only has a desk chair so only one person can sit unless you sit on the bed. The layout was very good and we didn't spend much time in our room so for us, it was great.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Carriage Ride
    We were supposed to do the carriage ride and a bus ride to the top of Cadillac Mountain, they didn't do the top of Cadillac Mountain and didn't tell us why. The tour guide was funny and good. The carriage ride was fine, but would not do them again.
    View All 10 Carriage Ride Reviews
  • Ellis Island
    We would have loved to stay longer, but packed a lunch in the car. Spend a little extra and eat on the boat or at the islands. Plan on about $10 or less per person for a meal. Would love to do this again.
    View All 2 Ellis Island Reviews
  • Peggy's Cove
    We did THE TOP 10 OF HALIFAX and loved it. The guide was very knowledgeable and a great story teller. We would like to do this again. Probably would not go back to Peggy's Cove as it takes a long time to drive, but would do more with the Maritime Museum the Historic Tour.
    View All 206 Peggy's Cove Reviews
  • Saint Martin Tour
    Our guide was good and we saw the reversing tide and the sea caves. Would like to have a little more time at the sea caves and stop at the double covered bridge on the way back, especially since low tide was done and we want to beat high tide.
    View All 8 Saint Martin Tour Reviews