3. Celebrity Equinox
The good: -Half of the entertainment -The cruise director -Half of the staff we came in contact with went above and beyond The bad: -The other half of the staff we came in contact with were EXCEPTIONALLY rude. I cannot count the number of times someone rolled their eyes at myself or my husband on this cruise. I don't remember the last time I was disrespected this often and this bad. -The wait staff and especially the room attendant acted as if everything was an imposition The neutral: -Average/below average ship -Food quality and offerings -Entertainment quality In the end, the service was either above and beyond GREAT or incredibly irritatingly, rude. There was very little middle ground there. The ship, cabin, entertainment and activities were all okay. We may cruise with celebrity again on a new ship, but I now realize how spoiled we were on Norwegian! They are definitely superior in ship quality, food, staff and entertainment (so, all the important things...).

Very conflicting experience...

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by karli2104

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda
The good:

-Half of the entertainment

-The cruise director

-Half of the staff we came in contact with went above and beyond

The bad:

karli2104’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1C 7348
The attendant literally rolled his eyes with a deep sigh every time we asked for something. This alone is enough reason for us to be very hesitant to cruise with Celebrity again...
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Costa Maya
    Perhaps its because I was fortunate enough to live around sanibel and captiva island during my childhood, but this excursion didn't seem like anything special.

We decided to take other peoples recommendation that the 90 minute drive each way for this 1 hour excursion was so worth it, but that wasn't our experience. Both the money and the time spent in travel wasn't worth it for the experience.
    View All 12,963 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
  • Ziplining
    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!! My hubby and I had a BLAST on this excursion! It definitely rivals those we had on our Alaska cruise!

Our guide, Emilio was absolutely exceptional! The helmets, lockers, food, and snacks were all included. The buffet was expansive and delicious! The server went above and beyond to make sure we had everything possible to enhance our meal- down to extra salsa, hot sauces, and horchata (all things we didn't initially pick up with our food).

They had a really neat technology in the wrist bands that triggered photos to be taken throughout the entire experience and you can buy them all in a package. This was great as we didn't have to worry about carrying a phone with us for photos.

Overall, incredibly experience. Well worth every penny, and we cannot wait to go back!
    View All 43 Ziplining Reviews
  • Key West
    I've been here too many times to count (I live in south florida), and this port is GREAT. It is walking distance to everything so you aren't spending 30 minutes walking or taking a car ride to get into town.

The only reason I didn't rate it as 5 stars is because this is definitely a better port at night; The city comes alive! During the summer days, it is so hot, the city is muted as everyone stays inside.
    View All 1,784 Key West Cruise Port Reviews