3. Norwegian Escape
Very disappointed in the NCL Escape cruise to Bermuda. Smoking is allowed in the casino which located at the center atrium of the ship. Smoke is smelled throughout the ship on ALL levels because of this. Shame on NCL for subjecting us to second hand smoke. Smoking is also allowed at certain outside bars located directly adjacent to the children's water park. Children should not have to smell smoke and be subjected to cancer. The overall service staff was rude and not cordial. A bartender at the H20 bar from India yelled at me for not picking up my mixed drinks on time. The guest services person gave me incorrect information on when the time zone change would occur. The NCL mobile app had incorrect information that we were going to be in Hamilton for three days and not the dockyard. Fire alarm testing at 10 am during the breakfast rush is unacceptable. This should have been tested during the afternoon when most are off the ship on excursions. I was excited to take a tour of the bridge and see behind the scenes areas like the kitchen, laundry and engine room like I did on other cruise lines, however, NCL has the nerve to charge $79 per person for this tour of their ship. This is disgraceful. Not having a pitcher of water or bucket of ice in the room, as well as no chocolate at night or towel bunny is cheap and disgraceful. Charging $7 a bottle for water when I have the all you can drink package up to $15 per drink is also disgraceful. Nickel and diming me for port charges for drinks while at NY should be picked up by NCL. Coffee should be served at the tables at the buffet so I don't have to navigate back to my table with piping hot coffee through hundreds of people walking in all different directions. The food and pastries at the buffet and most of the specialty restaurants was subpar with most pasties tasting like they were mass produced and from frozen cartons. The waiters did not show us the proper attention like other cruise lines where you had dedicated waiters. Maybe because their tip is already included! Many of the waiters or waitresses did not understand English and got our drink orders wrong. There were also few food carvings or any other special food nights. The seafood extravaganza was a joke with only peel your own shrimp. No crab legs or anything. The specialty seafood restaurant waitress said not to order the lobster I was craving because its frozen and many people are said to be returning it due to poor taste. The sushi appetizer at the Cagney Steakhouse caused intestinal distress for a day and half. Many of the entertainment shows were sold out immediately as we boarded the ship. The comedy club size is a joke holding about 75 people with a ship of over 4,000 passengers. This show should have been held in the main theater so more people can watch and not be subjected to standing in the rear against a wall. The bar in the comedy club was also closed during a show preventing many people from ordering drinks. Theater showings should be after 10 pm so it doesn't interfere or conflict with my open seating for dinner which NCL prides themselves on. NCL cruise line was very disappointing. I will be going back to Royal Caribbean cruises where they treat their customers with respect and the food is always good.

Norwegian Escape to Bermuda - DISAPPOINTING

Blueocean Cruising’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Family Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Cabin O1
Cabin was roomy and beds were very comfortable.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins